Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Walkin the Line - FROM THE REAR FORWARD?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flyby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Walkin the Line - FROM THE REAR FORWARD?
    Posted: 08 Oct 2007 at 8:56pm
I sat for an extra six to seven minutes one morning last week because a few lazy folks were walking the line from the rear and jumping into any car going their way without checking out the front of the line. Thankfully, they're a small minority but for those of you who make a habit of doing this - come on, you most likely need the extra steps anyway. And for those drivers who let folks in their car as they walk from the rear - just shoo those lazy ones up to the front of the line instead of thinking you're getting over on someone - what goes around comes around eventually.

Flyby
BeautifulBMWer View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeautifulBMWer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2007 at 9:20am
Hello Flyby. Hope you're having a good day. I can understand your frustration. Lately, I have noticed the slugs jumping the line too.
I am not sure what to do. I feel bad for the people at the beginning of the line. As a driver I think I have a right to make sure the line operates properly right?

SWPAHFF (Single,white,professional, attractive, hetrosexual,fit female)
DC2RV View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DC2RV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2007 at 7:51am
I normally ride, but I've sat there unnecessarily because people in the line didn't convey my destination or conveyed it incorrectly. That really p&sses me off. That and when people at the head of the line don't pass info down.
crewshell View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crewshell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2007 at 11:10pm
i think its funny when the line of cars gets long so / thus the car towards the end of the line decides to let the sluggers come to him instead of pulling up to the front.. that always makes for an interesting time...

MSM (Modest, Single, Male) haha, just teasing BMWer :)
n/a View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n/a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2007 at 2:25pm
I think there are lots of new sluggers lately. And some folks may not know the process, etiquette, or rules. Here's where long-time-sluggers need to patiently educate the newbies on slug line logistics.
First: get in line, stay attentive, and wait your turn.
Second: slugs in front need to ask drivers two questions, where are you going and how many?, then SHOUT it out down the line!
Third: waiting slugs should look out for those in front of them in line who step up. Don't push! Don't cut! When in doubt, ask!
Fourth: when cars back up, slugs in front should walk a few cars down the line asking those two questions and shouting back.
Finally: keep it light and friendly!

Peace!
Bob View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2007 at 2:55pm
We have a real challenging situation sometimes in the Rosslyn pm line because there are actually three destinations - Potomac, Tacketts,and Horner. When the line of cars backs up and there is also a long line of slugs, that creates problems when the slugs dont do things right.

One gripe I have is that the slugs crowd the curb, leaving almost no room between the cars and the slugs. Thus, the slugs in front cannot see down the line, and a car comes up in the back for say Potomac and the first Potomac slugs are screened out.

Of course my biggest gripe is when slugs way down the line dont shout out the car's destination, but just say it inaudibly, then actually start getting in the car when there are 10 slugs ahead of them. Folks, I have seen some near fistfights over something like that many times.
AveMaria View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AveMaria Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2007 at 4:08pm
Bob,

I wonder if it would help if you guys reversed the *head* of the line so that the first person in line would face oncoming cars?

Just a thought..
Bob View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2007 at 5:19pm
Thanks for the suggestion. But in our setup I don't think we could do it because there is another slugline too close. Unless both lines reversed...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic