Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > Afternoon Slug Lines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

BEST SLUG LINE BACK TO 234 LOT FROM DC

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miyam210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: BEST SLUG LINE BACK TO 234 LOT FROM DC
    Posted: 21 Nov 2002 at 6:48pm
Which is the best slug line going back to 234 lot in the afternoon? I am closest to 14th and NY but I heard it is only for Potomac/Horner road sluggers. Do I have to walk further to 14th and Commerce or is there a slug line at 14th and F since this is also a bus stop for Omniride (Montclair)? Which is the most established line to 234? How long is the average waiting time before I can get a ride home? If it is too long, is it better to just take the Mcpherson Square metro to Pentagon and slug from there? Any feedback will be deeply appreciated. Thanks!!!
Katze View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2002 at 12:01pm
Looks like no one goes back to 234, we always go to the pentagon to pick up a slug. I have tried to find someone to ride with us, we leave from L'Enfant, would consider Independence.

B.A.Randle
miyam210 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miyam210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2002 at 1:33pm
Thanks for your reply, Katze. I tried to look for rides
back to 234 last from 14th and F and 14th and Commerce but
the lines are not as established as the one at the Pentagon. One day
I waited around 30 minutes and did not get I ride so I just took the bus. Therefore, I just walk 2 minutes to the Mcpherson metro and take
the metro to the Pentagon. Independence is too far a walk for me
especially during the winter. Why don't you try 14th and F or 14th and Commerce first before proceeding to the Pentagon? This may save
you some time and you do not have to fall in line at the Pentagon.
Katze View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2002 at 4:18pm
I get off at 4:30, we might try the Commerce line, does not look too far out of the way. Yes you are right, would be better than the Pentagon. We drive a red mustang or a blue xterra.

B.A.Randle
miyam210 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miyam210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2002 at 9:33am
Yes, it is a good idea to try 14th and Commerce first
before proceeding to the Pentagon. I am wondering though where
the people who slugged in to work from the 234 lot to DC 14th
street get a ride back to 234 in the afternoon. To all these
234 to DC-14th st. sluggers, do you go to the Pentagon to get
a ride back to 234 or wait at 14th and F or 14th and Commerce.
Maybe I am just leaving work too early (4:00 pm) that is why I
do not see any lines in these 2 locations. If that is the case,
what is the best time frame to catch a ride from 14th street so I
do not need to go to Pentagon.
curtisdt View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote curtisdt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2002 at 4:00pm
I pick for 234 at 14th and G/F. I haven't had very good luck with commerce

Don
miyam210 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miyam210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2002 at 8:42am
Ok, I have been slugging from the 14th street to 234 between 4:05 and 4:30 pm for about 2 weeks now and the best location to be picked up is the 14th and F (in front of BORDERS). Looking at this website, 14th and New York is listed as having one of the pm slug-lines back to 234. However, when you get there, the people in line will point you towards 14th and F. It appears that one particular line there is only for Horner/Potomac Mills even though it is supposed to be combined with Montclair and 234 according to this website. Also, you will seldom see anybody in 14th and Commerce going to 234 even though there was an article here earlier this year that the 234 slug line appears to be picking up.

For the first 2 weeks I tried taking the Metro to the Pentagon to slug back to 234 but then it takes me at least 20 to 30 minutes for the Metro ride and the walk towards the Pentagon 234 slug line. The best alternative then would be to walk to 14th and F and wait for a ride even though it takes between 10 to 20 minutes now because a lot of drivers are NOT AWARE that there are people waiting to be picked up from there because 14th and F is NOT listed as a p.m. slug-line location in this website. One driver told me that he was going to 14th and Commerce first and if he cannot find 2 slugs there, he proceeds to the Pentagon

So for drivers willing to pick up slugs from 14th to 234, the best bet would be 14th and F. The best times would be between the bus arrivals. Between 3:50 to 4:09, 4:11 to 4:30, 4:32 to 4:50 and so forth. Most of the time, a lot of people would leave the line when the bus arrives because not a lot of cars are stopping. Maybe it is because of the holiday season and people are already taking their vacations. However, this is a better alternative than going to the Pentagon to pick-up slugs.

Let me take this opportunity then to send a request to the Administrator of this website to include 14th and F as an afternoon slug pick-up location not only for 234 but also for 610 folks who form a line at the left of the 234 line. They are sometimes holding on to signs but I also do not see a lot of cars stopping. I might start another topic to request for this since this location has so much potential to become a major 14th street slug line.

Sorry for the long post, folks. Just wanted to share my observations.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic