Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Archived Slugging Topics > HOT Lanes Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedWhat is Brown and waddled like a duck?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuzAnne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What is Brown and waddled like a duck?
    Posted: 31 Oct 2007 at 3:52pm
Excuse me guys if I seem hot. But the Wanna-be Delegate Brown who has tried to co-op the HOT issue that Del Frederick has repeatly supported us on, well Brown had a chance yesterday to tell the Gov about it and instead, well I was going to say he chicken sh**ed out of it, but it was more like duck poo.

The rest of the story as Paul says, is next!

Woodbridge, Virginia (October 30, 2007) -- Delegate Jeff Frederick has been fighting against bringing High Occupancy Toll (HOT) lanes to the I-95/395 corridor since he first took office. The two-term legislator has even introduced legislation in the General Assembly to stop the lanes from being implemented.

Chris Brown, who is challenging Frederick for the 52nd district seat in the House of Delegates, is quoted in today's Potomac News as also being opposed to the HOT lanes. "I don't see HOT lanes as a solution. It's just bad policy," Brown said.

[Hey guys, I don't like it either, but when I had the chance to do something about it, I did. Brown just went flacid.]

"Once again, my opponent has adopted my positions and legislative agenda as his own, and HOT lanes is just the latest example of this. Funny thing is, I didn't see Chris Brown at the half-dozen town-hall meetings and public hearings on HOT lanes conducted over the last few years. I guess he's just trying to be a Johnny-come-lately again for political purposes", Frederick said.

Earlier this year, Governor Timothy Kaine signed an agreement to bring HOT lanes to Interstate 95/395 in Northern Virginia, over heavy opposition by Prince William residents. Kaine plans to be in Prince William County today to visit with Brown.

Frederick asked: "Actions speak louder than words, so the question is, will Chris Brown firmly call on the Governor to stop these HOT lanes as I have done, and criticize Kaine for this ill-conceived plan, or will he simply roll over for the Governor?"

[I'm back. The answer is, NO HE DIDN'T!"]

Several weeks ago, Frederick called on Brown to join him in calling on the Governor to take a series of actions. Frederick has asked the Virginia Governor to declare a state of emergency due to illegal immigration, similar to what the governors of New Mexico and Arizona have done; Frederick has called on the Governor to authorize the Virginia State Police to enforce federal immigration law; and this past summer, Frederick called on Kaine to bring the legislature back to Richmond to repeal the abusive driver fee law.

Brown has declined to join Frederick on any of these requests to Kaine.

Suzanne

n/a View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n/a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2007 at 3:50pm
Unfortunately Suzi-Q, it seems that the "Reese Rough Riders" at VDOT can contract with anyone they damn-well please without your delegate's permission, or, it seems, that of the Governator, including a foriegn construction firm hired to repaint the HOVs, prop up some shimmy-shacks (toll booths) and conduct legal highway robbery! VDOT is not accountable to anyone it seems, least of all the NOVA taxpayers, let alone the OIG bean counters. If they were accountable (to anyone), we may have some VDOT fiscal responsibility, fewer potholes, and the free interstate system former President Eishehower promised us all!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic