Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > Afternoon Slug Lines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

14th to Horner

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ru55beck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 14th to Horner
    Posted: 22 Nov 2002 at 4:43pm
I am new to the new Horner line. I have been slugging for almost 10 years and have use the old Horner line, Old and New Tacketts as well as Potomac Mills and Hechingers. I have done them all, but I am appalled at the complete lack of manners and concern that the drivers returning to Horner display to thier riders. I have, in the past 2 weeks, been dropped off in teh "new" lot, exactly once, and that was only because I polietly asked. It has been cold, and rainy and I didn't know what to expect anyway as I am new to the lot.

From what I can tell though is that the drivers are picking up from the "new" line, but dropping off at the old one as it is more convenient. Unfortunately, it is also a heck of a long way from where some of us park.

I have looked around me on my excursions from the old to the new lot and noticed a significant number of people makingthe treck with me. Are teh drivers unaware? They can't be, they picked us up down there. Or are the just inconsiderate? I don't know the answer, but I do know I will be reminding drivers that the lot has changed and therefore the slug proceedures may have to as well.
Sheepish View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sheepish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2002 at 5:36pm
As a driver, I have always asked if I need to go to the "old lot, new lot, or both" whether it's returning people to Tackett's Mill or to Horner Road. I have even on occasion offered to take people "down the hill" to the extension of the lot made prior to the new section at Horner. I especially do this for safety reasons now that it gets dark so early.

To me, it's no big deal to take 2 more minutes or go a few extra tenths of a mile to drop off those that helped me get home that much faster AND-- I was taught growing up to treat others as I would want to be treated. Unfortunately you are probably right, not everyone is that considerate, and they probably aren't the ones reading these boards either..... [:(]

As you say, when you politely asked, you were dropped off in the lot you needed. So, you may just have to ask the driver each time you get in a car.

Hope this changes for you soon!

tlschau View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tlschau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2002 at 3:14pm
I think just better communication between the riders and drivers is necessary, perhaps even before getting in the car. It does seem reasonable for drivers to take the extra minute to drop riders off in the correct lot, but then the drivers won't know if the riders don't say something.
swichowski View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swichowski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2002 at 1:46pm
I get dropped of at both to. Even in the rain but I dont really care im happy just to get a ride home. I would just ask the driver b4 you get in.[:)]
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic