Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Archived Slugging Topics > HOT Lanes Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedBeltway HOT Details

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Beltway HOT Details
    Posted: 28 Dec 2007 at 11:52am

Everything you never wanted to know about the beltway HOT
There is no reason VA couldnt have done this.

One short line on the non-compete clause with no details. Basically, it states that if VA wants to build a parallel road of any kind, Fluor can step in and build a toll rd instead. Bet about 0.001 percent of NOVa residents know about that.

http://www.tollroadsnews.com/node/3315
LDOMAJ View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LDOMAJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2007 at 2:27pm
HOT Lanes Coming to I-95/395 by 2013
December 24, 2007 - 8:31am

Hank Silverberg, WTOP Radio

WASHINGTON - By 2013 High Occupancy Toll lanes will be a reality on Interstate 95/395.

Ground will be broken in spring for the lanes on a 14-mile stretch of the Virginia Capital Beltway, with HOT lanes on I-95/395 following right behind.

"They will be building new lanes there and expanding the HOV system south," says Virginia Deputy Transportation Secretary Barbara Reese tells WTOP.

Reese says if the environmental studies and planning are done as fast for I-95/395 as they were for the Beltway, you can expect the HOT lanes to come to I-95/395 within five years.

The lanes will go south toward Fredericksburg, and they'll be free if you have three people in the car.

Others will have to pay. The tolls will vary based on congestion and could be raised at any time by the private company that will build and run the HOT lanes.

(Copyright 2007 by WTOP. All Rights Reserved.)

Hank Silverberg, WTOP Radio

WASHINGTON - By 2013 High Occupancy Toll lanes will be a reality on Interstate 95/395.

Ground will be broken in spring for the lanes on a 14-mile stretch of the Virginia Capital Beltway, with HOT lanes on I-95/395 following right behind.

"They will be building new lanes there and expanding the HOV system south," says Virginia Deputy Transportation Secretary Barbara Reese tells WTOP.

Reese says if the environmental studies and planning are done as fast for I-95/395 as they were for the Beltway, you can expect the HOT lanes to come to I-95/395 within five years.

The lanes will go south toward Fredericksburg, and they'll be free if you have three people in the car.

Others will have to pay. The tolls will vary based on congestion and could be raised at any time by the private company that will build and run the HOT lanes.

Bob View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2007 at 2:58pm

All of the gory, gory details of building and operation. I'll be spending about 8 hours reading this.

http://www.virginiadot.org/projects/resources/ARCA_with_ExhibitA-Defintions.pdf
n/a View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n/a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2008 at 12:26pm
Barbara Reese is a pirate! We have been robbed by VDOT! We will all pay for years to come! And as bad as this sounds (I'm not a pessimist, honest!), there is nothing the citizens and commuters in NOVA can do to stop HOT lanes! Momentum is working against us, and VDOT has momentum.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic