Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tackett's Mill Changes

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tackett's Mill Changes
    Posted: 15 Jan 2008 at 7:31pm
The pickup points for Tackett's Mill have changed as a result of the new construction. I would ask that everyone try the new traffic flow and pickup points.

The new flow and points were NOT coordinated with me and anybody else that I know of. However, I know PWC has been very helpful in the past and I am sure they are trying to make things work as smoothly as possible.

Jlynn View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jlynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2008 at 3:15pm
There was a cop out in the lot yesterday guiding everyone to the new pickup point. However, this morning everyone, slugs and drivers, were back in the old spots. I asked a few people about it, and they said that because there is no distinct division between the Pentagon and Crystal City/Rosslyn pickup lines in the new spot, they went back to the old ways.
Jlynn View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jlynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2008 at 3:23pm
Also, cops have been patrolling the lot much more frequently. So make sure your car is up to speed with tags and what not otherwise you will see a ticket on your windsheild when returning to the lot like I did last week! :)
chief_pace View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chief_pace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2008 at 9:41pm
With the plethora of new signs it would be nice to have the flow more clearly posted rather than all the threats and disclaimers.

Also anyone know if it is true that the old section of the parking lot is being done away with?
JWF View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JWF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2008 at 10:25am
This morning the Tackett's Mill line was complete confusion. The police seem to have given up on the new location. The old locations are operating but nobody seems to know how to line up for the Pentagon. We tried lining up off to the side as has been the recent practice, but we kept getting cut off by people who were forming a line for the Pentagon right next to the Crystal City line - blocking a whole side of the road and pinning in some of the Crystal City people.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic