Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > Morning Slug Lines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

It's a free ride, dont be greedy!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sym Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2008 at 12:24pm
Im not sure what over elaboration she stated elsewhere on this board, but her attitude was you need me more htan i need you...

Just so you know, there were alot of other sluggers in line that might have needed a ride to 18 & I. The thing is that I told her 18 & U ONLY before she got in the car.

The RULES states you dont change destination after agreed upon!
Sym View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sym Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2008 at 2:02pm
I see that you are talking in absolutes in your statments. I did respond to her blog after I read your post. Unfortunatly, her accounts are less than accurate. Im not sure if she or you have read the slug rules.

You are correct, it is a mutually beneficial arrangement. I get to use HOV, but on the same token the rider does not have a dime come out of there pocket for Gas, vehicle expense, etc... which is fine.

My wife and I think it is rude for her to take a ride, fail to notify us that she needed to be dropped at another location prior, and take a ride away from antoher slugger that DID need a ride to our destination.

Imagine you were going to work, running just in time to get there, you expected to cruise up to your spot and all of a sudden your rider tell you you have to move 3 lanes to the left, drop her off and you have to "deal with it". You then have to cut back over 3 lanes to the left to your spot. Again, there were alot of other riders in line that would have just appreciated a ride and walked the 2 blocks back.

My question to you is, "Would you be that rude to the rider who drove you and to your fellow sluggers wo depend on the service?"
Sym View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sym Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2008 at 2:04pm
CeeJay.....

I see that you are talking in absolutes in your statments. I did respond to her blog after I read your post. Unfortunatly, her accounts are less than accurate. Im not sure if she or you have read the slug rules.

You are correct, it is a mutually beneficial arrangement. I get to use HOV, but on the same token the rider does not have a dime come out of there pocket for Gas, vehicle expense, etc... which is fine.

My wife and I think it is rude for her to take a ride, fail to notify us that she needed to be dropped at another location prior, and take a ride away from antoher slugger that DID need a ride to our destination.

Imagine you were going to work, running just in time to get there, you expected to cruise up to your spot and all of a sudden your rider tell you you have to move 3 lanes to the left, drop her off and you have to "deal with it". You then have to cut back over 3 lanes to the left to your spot. Again, there were alot of other riders in line that would have just appreciated a ride and walked the 2 blocks back.

My question to you is, "Would you be that rude to the rider who drove you and to your fellow sluggers wo depend on the service?"

ceejay2 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ceejay2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2008 at 9:45pm
quote:
Originally posted by Sym
[br]CeeJay.....

Sym,
what an interesting assumption on your part that i haven't read the slug rules. i have been utilizing the slug system for nearly 10 years. how about you?

i actually think there was some blame on both sides here. your passenger should have clarified F Street when you called out 18th street. in that way, if you were damn determined not to stop before I street, you could have told her that before she got into the car. also, what was the weather like that morning? was it cold, windy, and nasty? two blocks in bad weather is a long time to walk. and it wouldn't have hurt you in the least to let her out on F Street, since you were snug and warm in your car. okay, let me put it this way. your wife was also in the car. would you have made your wife walk those two blocks in bad weather? if she hadn't been riding with you, would you have been irritated that some rude guy driving refused to let your wife out where she needed to go and demanded that she walk two blocks in bad weather, and then called her rude on this board? no judgement, just something to think about.

please Sym, don't assume i'm someone who doesn't know the slugging rules. i do. i also understand that there are three sides to every story.

i have always found our evening slugs to be very polite, and very thankful that we are willing to drop off in the Horner lot wherever they have parked their car. i don't think you'll find any complaints about us on this board.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic