Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Why so reluctant to Slug In I-66?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abomb36 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Why so reluctant to Slug In I-66?
    Posted: 17 Mar 2008 at 12:11pm
Why is it that people are so reluctant to slug in I-66? Do they think that some harm is going to come to them if they step out of the PRTC bus line and take a ride? Maybe they consider themselves better than the I-95 commuters?

I have stopped many times along the Manassas AM and West Falls Church Routes with limited success.

The bus goes to the Pentagon/West Falls Church; I tell people I will take them to the Pentagon/West Falls Church (and do.) People often look at me like I am asking them to climb in the trunk.

Thanks to those of you who have taken a ride from me.
Jody View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2008 at 1:47pm
Has anyone thought of approaching Fair Oaks Mall or a shopping center close to I-66 in Manassas to set aside parking spaces for a slug line? You would have to do some work (a good ally might be your county representative to assist in getting a shopping center to donate spaces). Then post on this web page where the line meets in the morning and evening and the start date. Include this information on flyers and pass them out at bus stops and put them on windshields at the shopping center who has donated spaces. This takes work, but if you're successful, it saves everyone time on their daily commute.
jbeiii View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbeiii Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2008 at 7:53pm
Maybe it is a safety issue. There is a big difference between 1 slug getting in a car with 1 person than 2 people getting in a car together to ride with someone.
orodriguez View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote orodriguez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2009 at 12:29pm
I just started to work in down twon 7th and D to be more specific I usually don't have a problem in the morning since I leave so early but I would benefit from a Slug line for 66 in the afternoon I usully get out 4 to 4:30 pm.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic