Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote banglijk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2008 at 8:55am
quote:
Originally posted by Oosik

Mdog,

I generally drive over the speed limit, but if you come behind me in either lane and flash me and blast me with your horn and I will quickly settle in on the exact speed limit, although I may slow down or speed up to keep you from passing me. Remember that the drivers you flash can be as big an A-hole as you are for flashing.

Germany may indeed have better accident statistics, I am taking your word on the matter. However, a significant amount of their time on their roads is spent in a "stau" -- one of the first words Americans learn when they go to live in Germany. That is, an infinitely long traffic jam. I actually drive faster here in this area than I did in Germany.

BTW, you are not in Germany so leave the flashing of headlights on that side of the Atlantic.

banglijk View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote banglijk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2008 at 8:56am
Oosik, your post just proves that your username is accurate.
banglijk View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote banglijk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2008 at 9:17am
Catherder, you say you drive "usually" with the flow of traffic. That would indicate that at times you don't drive with the flow, during a cell phone call perhaps? Also, when you pass a slower driver in the right lane, say one driving 65 mph, do you pass him by driving 66 mph?
duke147 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duke147 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2008 at 8:41am
i don't know anything about driving in germany, but i will agree with MDOG that 70+ is not that big a deal - the speed limit is 65 on the HOV lanes - going 70 to 75 is not that bad - - going 80+ is silly and dangerous.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic