Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Archived Slugging Topics > Coordinated Rides Home
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedCarpool - Potomac Mills or Horner to Skyline

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote airlionel2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Carpool - Potomac Mills or Horner to Skyline
    Posted: 22 Apr 2008 at 3:11pm
Are you tired of the never ending Washington Metro Area traffic congestion and the outrageous gas prices? Are you also tired of slugging into the Pentagon and then having to take either the DoD shuttle or the Metro bus to the Skyline Office Complex in Falls Church, VA and then the same in the afternoon? Then I have a carpool strategy that would be beneficial to all involved.

The carpool would consist 3 or 4 persons with clean and reliable cars. Drivers will alternate driving their vehicles weekly. (3 personnel will alternate driving every third week and with 4 persons will alternate driving every 4th week).

Currently the carpool has 2 members and looking for a 3d and possible 4th. Having 4 personnel would benefit the carpool, because of planned vacations or sickness the carpool could still operate.

If you don't have a parking transponder no problem - I have a parking transponder for Skyline 4 and 5 that could be used.

The carpool would meet at either Potomac Mills or Horner Road -- Horner Road would be better based on it's access to the HOV; but open to both because of parking concerns at Horner Road. The carpool would leave at 7:00am and arrive Skyline around 7:45. The carpool will depart Skyline Office Complex between 4:30 and 5:00 and will arrive the Slug lot NLT 5:15 - 5:30 based on departure time.

Average savings for 4 riders based on my $50.00 average a week fill-up. Gas Savings $150.00 monthly and wear-and-tear on your vehicle. But most importantly no long slug lines especially in inclement weather conditions, no more road rage, and no more bus trips.

If you are interested in joining this carpool; but would like to adjust the time, please feel free to post your requirements here and maybe we can all compromise or you can contact me direct at airlionel_2000@yahoo.com or call me at 571-247-4078.

Thank you for your consideration.

Lionel
airlionel2000 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote airlionel2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2008 at 9:24am
Still looking for carpool members... the one individual that was interested wanted only to be a rider and didn't want to drive. So I still have 2 or 3 slots available to form the carpool. Again if interested, call me at (cell) 571-247-4078 or email airlionel_2000@yahoo.com.

I live at Port Potomac off of Route 1 -- so if there are anyone that live at Port Potomac - that would also be idea.

Lionel
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic