Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Paying for rides!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 293031
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toomuchcoffeelady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2008 at 12:09pm
quote:
Originally posted by Deanwvu
Honda is supposedly coming out with a set of hybrids at very reasonable prices.

If you call 25K for a civic reasonable that is...

ain't free speech a wonderful thing, until you don't like the views being stated? - Ceejay2
NoSUV View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoSUV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2008 at 1:53pm
quote:

Why does anyone even respond to NoSUV?

Have you not learned to spot a troll? A habitual one at that? 950 posts or so? This is not a heavily posted board. I am sure a cursor glance at those 950 posts would show that 90% of those posts are smug, arrogant, condescending, and just plain mean.

Leave him be.

For the record, I will not buy a hybrid until a model is produced that is at a reasonable price point for the segment vehicle market it is in. Honda is supposedly coming out with a set of hybrids at very reasonable prices. Hybrids in general are just BS middle-ground stepping stones anyway. "Clean special fuel" my ass, they use the same gas I use. All-electrics are the way to go. They will take over in a few years and in 10 years we will be struggling to remember what a hybrid even was.

By the way, did Matt Parker and Trey Stone interview you at some point about 2 years ago, NoSUV?

I don't know who Parker/Stone are. I've spoken with the Post writers a few times, including Eric Weiss. Also, I've contacted my delegate and others in the region with the facts about the environment and transportation link - at least one said that I was exactly right, but it was not politically expedient to implement the plan to kick slugs off of the express lanes and make them mass transit and hybrid only.

Nearly all of my posts have been in response to the hybrid hate from slugs. I used to post to that exclusively until folks on the board asked if I had anything else to contribute.

Since I began posting, many, many people have said that they will wait until the next new thing for less pollution and better fuel economy. And wait. And wait. QUIT WAITING! At one point, several jumped on the ethanol bandwagon - haven't heard from them since the world hunger crisis.
toomuchcoffeelady View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toomuchcoffeelady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2008 at 2:11pm
quote:
Originally posted by NoSUV

quote:

By the way, did Matt Parker and Trey Stone interview you at some point about 2 years ago, NoSUV?

I don't know who Parker/Stone are.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smug_Alert

ain't free speech a wonderful thing, until you don't like the views being stated? - Ceejay2
DC2RV View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DC2RV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2008 at 2:22pm
Thanks - nice post oh overcaffinatedone.[:)] I love that show.
Deanwvu View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deanwvu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2008 at 4:13pm
quote:
Originally posted by toomuchcoffeelady

quote:
Honda is supposedly coming out with a set of hybrids at very reasonable prices.

If you call 25K for a civic reasonable that is...

Not the Civic. No, I don't find 25k for that reasonable.

Honda is coming out with a totally new hybrid, supposedly to be released "early" in 2009. They may call it the new "Insight," sharing the name with the great little two seater they axed back in 2006, but having little in common with it other than the name, and the fact they are both hybrids.

Supposedly will sell for $18,000-$19,000 and out-MPG the Prius.

Those are a lot of "supposedlys," but I hope it's true!
sluDgE View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sluDgE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2008 at 7:23am
We've got off-topic again ... This "Paying for Rides!" string has become "Hybrids: Love'em or Hate'em?" [;)]

Please, let's get the hybrid debate back into the hybrid topic area.
Thanks. [8D]
toomuchcoffeelady View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toomuchcoffeelady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2008 at 9:06am
Right-o, Fearless Leader Sludge.

So, back on track. NoSUV was telling us what a$$holes we all are for not giving the money we save slugging/driving back to the state of VA, and how it brings tears to his eyes?

Deanwvu View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deanwvu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2008 at 9:38am
Ah, back to topic.

I see no point to offering money to drivers, unless there are not enough drivers. Has that been the case lately?? Has there been a shortage of drivers?
Jody View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2008 at 11:31am
Yes, Dean, the wait time in lines started doubling around late April, beginning of May (when gas prices started going up). During the summer, slugs have a long wait in line (vacations), but the drivers show back up in September. I have a feeling this may not be the case this September . . .
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 293031
  Share Topic