Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Using stuff to secure place in line?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Woodbridge Mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2009 at 11:53am
Why do you get to the slug-line at 5:20 if the first car doesn't pick up until 5:55? Don't you have anything better to do, like sleep?[?]

As I see it, you want the benefit of being the first to ride, but don't want the cost of having to stand in line. My take is, if you leave stuff to hold your place but don't return before the first slug who's willing to stand outside arrives, you're no longer first in line. You're now second.

-Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscripti catapultas habebunt.
Jody View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2009 at 12:43pm
Hi Alonsito - It shouldn't matter what the weather conditions are --
since the slug system first started over 30 yrs ago, people form a line to catch a ride. Since riders at the lot have expressed their opposition to this new practice being instituted, go back to the way it has worked & stand in line.
SuTaRiCh View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuTaRiCh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2009 at 1:52pm
I posted on the other thread and will post here too.

Leaving unattended bags anywhere these days is not a good idea. Do it at the airport and your bag is gone and blown to pieces. Maybe no one thinks someone will plant a pipe bomb at Horner Road. I prefer not to have that thought as I stand next to a black duffel at 5 AM.

This is not a question of etiquette (I mean it it, but it now goes beyond that). It is a question of safety.

Sorry, call me paranoid, but I don't want slugging to become famous because we have our very own Madrid.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic