Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > Morning Slug Lines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Time Schedule for Rolling Valley Commuter Lot

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote burke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Time Schedule for Rolling Valley Commuter Lot
    Posted: 15 May 2008 at 6:53am
Hi, I am new to the slug lines and wanted to find out what was the earliest pick-up time in the morning for the slug lines going to the Pentagon Metro Station, picking up from Rolling Valley Commuter Lot and what is the last pick-up time, picking up from the Pentagon Metro Station going back to Rolling Valley Commuter Lot in the evening?

Thank-you,

Burke
sluDgE View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sluDgE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2008 at 7:13am
A good estimation of earliest and latest times would be just before, and just after, the HOV restriction times on I-95/395. That's 6 to 9 in the mornings, and 3:30 to 6 in the afternoons. But it's most reliable to to use the lines inside those time periods. The more you are outside those time periods (especially at the end of each one)your chance of finding slugs to pick up, or finding a slug ride for yourself, becomes significantly less.

Good luck! [:)]
DC2RV View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DC2RV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2008 at 7:18am
There's usually a line in place by 6am at RV.

Note that the drop off isn't the Metro station (per se), but the Pentagon itself. You'll have to walk to the Metro or to the bus bays.
burke123 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote burke123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2008 at 10:43pm
I was wondering if the Rolling Valley slug line goes to Rosslyn? Is there a long line for that ride? What is the average travael time? Also if I needed, how long is travel time from there to pentagon? Any arlington Courthouse Slugs?

thank you

LC
DC2RV View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DC2RV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2008 at 7:19am
RV is good for Roslyn, though unpredictable. Sometimes there are more cars, sometimes riders have to wait. The 6:30 - 6:45 timeframe seems to be active. I suggest you give it a try to see if it works for you. Note though, that every day can be different.

Pentagon is probably 5-10 minutes on Metro from Roslyn.

I've never heard anyone call out Courthouse.

Good luck.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic