Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > Afternoon Slug Lines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Line in Crystal City

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike2854 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Line in Crystal City
    Posted: 11 Jun 2008 at 4:25pm
I have noticed this recently that some people are trying to form a line on the southern end of Crystal City on Crystal Dr. instead of where the northern end of Crystal City (near 12th St.) where the official line is. Is this normal?
sluDgE View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sluDgE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2008 at 6:46am
Could be they are working to get this old one going again. [:)]

http://www.slug-lines.com/PM_lines/Crystal_Park_2.asp
Mike2854 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike2854 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2008 at 8:11am
Maybe, there were at least 5 cars at the "real" pick up line yesterday but no line was there for Horner Rd./Potomac Mills. A lot of people in line for Route 610 though.

UPDATE - 7/2 - I saw a few people with signs yesterday at 23rd and Crystal - I guess they don't want to walk a 1/2 mile or so and trying to start a new line on the south end of Crystal City.

UPDATE - 7/30 - I saw three very small lines form at this intersection. On a daily basis, I see people walking from this end of Crystal City to the 12th St. area.
Jlynn View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jlynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2008 at 10:47am
I work in CC, but usually go over to the Pentagon because the line seems more stable over that way with almost a guarantee that I'll catch a ride. Plus I seem people up and down Crystal Drive with signs trying to get rides. So there is in fact an actual slug line that forms where Crystal Dr meets Army Navy Dr then? Does anyone know if there are a lot of drivers that pick up for Tacketts Mill?
Mike2854 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike2854 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2008 at 8:51am
I have seen a few people off and on throughout the past few weeks at 23rd and Crystal, so it appears people are trying to start a line again. I can't say I am surprised, a lot of people want 23rd and Clark in the morning (and usually they want past the hotel) so this makes sense.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic