Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Potomac Mills Issues and possible action

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aesthetic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2008 at 11:40am
Someone posted these comments along with their signature of the petition, and this is very true:

"I also want to bring up the issue of other county commuters using the PWCounty commuter lots and taking spaces from PWC commuters. Many, many commuters come up from Stafford and Fredericksburg and park in the PWC commuter lots - taking many valuable spots away from the PWC residents who use those lots to commute!! I think someone needs to take a look at this - be it VDOT or someone else - Stafford and Fredericksburg need their own commuter lots (and more of them) - maybe that would free up some spots for PWC commuters and we then wouldn't have this Potomac Mills issue!!!"

What are these areas doing about their commuter situation?? Does anyone know? Perhaps those people need to start being a little more proactive on their side of town? Ruffle the feathers of their county supervisors, VDOT, etc.?
Hi Ho Hi Ho View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hi Ho Hi Ho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2008 at 10:34am
quote:
Originally posted by aesthetic

Someone posted these comments along with their signature of the petition, and this is very true:

"I also want to bring up the issue of other county commuters using the PWCounty commuter lots and taking spaces from PWC commuters. Many, many commuters come up from Stafford and Fredericksburg and park in the PWC commuter lots - taking many valuable spots away from the PWC residents who use those lots to commute!! I think someone needs to take a look at this - be it VDOT or someone else - Stafford and Fredericksburg need their own commuter lots (and more of them) - maybe that would free up some spots for PWC commuters and we then wouldn't have this Potomac Mills issue!!!"

What are these areas doing about their commuter situation?? Does anyone know? Perhaps those people need to start being a little more proactive on their side of town? Ruffle the feathers of their county supervisors, VDOT, etc.?

That post was from me - I also posted this information in a few other forum topics as well. I think this is the biggest issue - I know tons of people who live in Fredericksburg and Stafford who use the PWCounty lots to commute from (most of them riders) because they don't have many commuter lots and they will up so early. It would be interesting to find out the percentage of cars with non-PWC county stickers in our commuter lots and present that data to the county and VDOT and petition them to do something about that issue - not the Potomac Mills stuff. I know the commuters from the south use the 234, Horner, and PM lots.
toomuchcoffeelady View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toomuchcoffeelady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2008 at 12:06pm
quote:
Originally posted by Hi Ho Hi Ho

[i] I think this is the biggest issue - I know tons of people who live in Fredericksburg and Stafford who use the PWCounty lots to commute from (most of them riders) because they don't have many commuter lots and they will up so early.

If that is true about those commuters, shame on them. As many bad things as I have to say about the 17 lot, it does have zillions of spaces and never seem to fill up. When I slugged, I'd get to the 17 lot pretty late (as late as 7:45) to be the 3rd car in the acre-plus overflow lot.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic