Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What would you do?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dudte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2008 at 6:50pm
Not in line means not in line. Not in line then means getting in line starts at the end of the line. Seems we had this discussion about putting bags, papers, and such in the line to "hold".

Holds, saves, dibs, double saves, I called it...surely we are joking? Next thing you know we'll be declaring no double touch backs, Slug Bug, Slug Bug back and who has cooties!

If you are in the shelter and not in line you are not in line. TAke your bag and your paper with you - to the end of the line. And absolutely no double touch backs. And keep your cooties to yourself. Unless you're cute and then you can stand under my umbrella.
CJ View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2008 at 9:27pm
Die hard sluggers know to ALWAYS carry an umbrella no matter what. That way if it rains you're protected, if its really hot you have shade and if someone cuts in line you can bop them on the head (just kidding on the last one [:D] ). In the summer they always carry a bottle of water-not to drink in the car - but while you're waiting in the line in 90+ heat and lady sluggers generally wear sensible shoes. Now I am not a die-hard slugger I split my time evenly between slugging and driving therefore I occasionally forget my umbrella, hardly ever remember water and have been known to forget and wear completely unsensible shoes. That being said I know that I have to tough it out or lose my place in line-- and I don't whine about it when I screw up.

CJ
n/a View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n/a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2008 at 8:59am
quote:
Originally posted by Phyllis.Miriashtiani

[?] As I neared the front of the line, a gentleman approached me and told me he was in front of me in line but had been waiting under a covered spot... ...I didn't know the proper protocol for this. Is this acceptable? To figure your spot in the line and then go under cover until it's about to be your turn???

Generally, people will be as disrespectful to you as you allow them to be; this "gentleman" is a good example. He stepped out of line for his convenience, and then imposed on you to give "his" place back. This is not only wrong, but it is rude. Unfortunately, this person took advantage of your kindness.

With the exception of, for example, a short (and properly excused) step out of line to, say, chat with a friend further down line, then right back before the line moves much; out of line means out of line. It also depends on the pace of the line, and the tolerance of those in line.

I have seen people step out of line and walk around the parking lot to smoke a cigarette, then come back five minutes later expecting to get right back in place; no way! Discussions in this forum have described people who leave their bags as "place savers" so they can wait in the convenience of their cars, then expect to get back in place, no way! This is rude.
Phyllis.Miriashtiani View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phyllis.Miriashtiani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2008 at 2:55pm
Thank you, Raymond. I thought that was the correct protocol but didn't want to be the old witch and deny this guy "his rightful place in line" if it was acceptable to step out and come back after the rain stopped. [;)]
Mike2854 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike2854 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2008 at 8:01am
The Horner Rd. lot does not have shelters for the slug lines (some of the bus lines have it though).
writeshorti21 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote writeshorti21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2008 at 12:34pm
610 is open and clear for the rain to come pouring down. Usually there are enough umbrellas up for when I forget mine that they offer to cover me (I love how nice some of the sluggers are) but if there is no shelter (and if I forgot my umbrella again- 'cause it's always getting lost) I'll just stick it out in the rain. What's a bad hair day compared to a free ride?
And phyllis- you're great for letting him back in line but I agree that it was rude of the guy to expect to get back in- some people think they are entitled and if he had been planning on doing that he should have let you know so you could have turned him down from the get go.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic