Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > Morning Slug Lines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Morning Slug Lines from Sydenstricker/Hooes

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote New to This Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Morning Slug Lines from Sydenstricker/Hooes
    Posted: 15 Jul 2008 at 2:53pm
I'm new to this. Are there slug lines from the Sydenstricker/Hooes lot into the District in the morning? The page on that lot makes it look like people only go to the Pentagon or Rosslyn. I would be interested in slugging and/or driving from Sydenstricker/Hooes to 14th and Constitution on a somewhat regular basis. Any suggestions/comments are appreciated. Thanks.
DC2RV View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DC2RV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2008 at 3:40pm
I believe most of the people at Sydenstricker go to the Pentagon. Rolling Valley, which is fairly close, is good for 14th street.
New to This View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote New to This Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2008 at 4:26pm
Thanks for the reply. Would it be possible to pick up a couple of slugs for the Pentagon in the morning, drop them off, and continue across the 14th St. Bridge into the District? How much of a hassle is it to drop people off at the Pentagon? Again, any comments are appreciated. Thanks.
TheYeti View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheYeti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2008 at 10:23am
quote:
Originally posted by New to This

Thanks for the reply. Would it be possible to pick up a couple of slugs for the Pentagon in the morning, drop them off, and continue across the 14th St. Bridge into the District? How much of a hassle is it to drop people off at the Pentagon? Again, any comments are appreciated. Thanks.

Most who pick up and drop off at Pentagon just continue on into DC via the Memorial Bridge. Little easier getting back on the road than to get back to 14th.
mdog View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2008 at 10:06am
What's the current status of this location? I may start picking up slugs from there around 8...8-15 AM going to Pentagon.
sluDgE View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sluDgE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2008 at 8:13am
This info may be somewhat outdated since we haven't been by the Sydenstricker lot in a few months, but the Sydenstricker lot fills up with parked cars before 7:30 to 7:45 every morning. There is only one slug line there and we've seen slugs in line as late as about 8:15. Nearly all the Sydenstricker slugs expect rides to the Pentagon, but some drivers have picked up slugs there for Rosslyn, Crystal City, and the Navy Yard. It appears the line is busiest between 6:30 and 7:30.

If you want to pick up slugs for downtown locations and not make an enroute stop at the Pentagon, you're probably best going to the slug lines along Old Keene Mill Road (Rolling Valley, Cardinal Forest, Daventry, and "Bob's").

There was an organized effort to get a downtown DC slug line started at the commuter lot on the corner of Gambrill and Hooes Roads when that lot opened, but that proposed line didn't get enough participation and didn't take hold. [:)]
mdog View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2008 at 9:15am
Thanks. I was there around 8 AM, the lot was full. Not sure where the riders park, but Gambrill/Hooes would be a nice pickup location too.
Springfield slug View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Springfield slug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2008 at 9:51am
I slug from the Sydenstricker stop and would prefer to go into the city but most of the drivers either go to the Pentagon or Rosslyn. I have been thinking of switching slug lines and going to Rolling Vally as many of those drivers will go into the city. A few of the drivers at Sydenstricker go to Crystal City and the Navy Yard. You could always ask if any slugs want to go into the city. You would not have a problem with dropping off slugs at the Pentagon and exiting back onto 395.
barrington View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote barrington Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2008 at 1:25pm
I'd prefer to go to Crystal Gateway instead of the Pentagon, but there doesn't seem to be sufficient interest...
Slug Driver View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slug Driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2008 at 9:51am
Are there people interested in riding in from Sydenstricker or Gambrill/Hooes to 12th or 14th/Constitution? I'd like to be able to leave a little later (8-ish) than I can count on being able to pick up slugs at Sydenstricker.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic