Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Pot Mills Rent A Cops

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wayne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2008 at 4:21pm
the cat comment was made, in kind, after yours about my living in moms basement, though mom has been gone for many years now. remember saying that?
So if some group wanted to use part of your employers property, etc for their own use and you were concerned then youd be the troll? am I reading between the lines of "your" logic correctly?
Just asking to make sure I am crystal clear on understanding your point of view about the current "issue" at PM.
Wayne View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wayne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2008 at 4:28pm
One more thing, so Im a shill/plant for opening a business in PM and having 5 employees who work for me? So it is bad that I opened my own business and have employed several people in the community? Or is it because I opened at PM which is the site of the most recent clash due to Commuting/slugging and gas prices?
Would it surprise you that I offer full benefits to all my employees when I could just as easily not provide them? That my wife (who slugs to her job in DC daily) and I do this because we feel it is the moral and just thing to do as opposed to not providing them and saving ourselves a few bucks? If thats being a troll shill/plant, then yeah I guess I am and damn proud of it then. I could think of a lot worse that I could be.
And if my cat comment offended then I apologize, but your comment about "Living in your mom's basement" was eqially offenseive towards me. So I figure with those comments we traded, were even. THough now that youve made the troll, shill/plant comment I guess I owe you one?

As you can see, no hard feelings towards you, simply because to have any hard feelings towards you means I actually care about what yout hink or say and I do not. Not being mean, but being direct and to the point with no malice or ill will.
Have a wonderful weekend and I truly mean it.
~ Wayne

Mike2854 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike2854 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2008 at 9:38am
What happened to the guy that said he was going to use his connections to do something about this issue?
Deanwvu View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deanwvu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2008 at 8:43am
I am guessing the real culprit here is Costco.

They are PM's newest tenant. Hasn't someone here said they were the ones who complained about the "lack" of parking? If they are complaining, and threatening PM, then PM really has no recourse but to enforce their contract.

Anyone know if this is the case?
Wayne View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wayne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2008 at 8:29am
Costco is part of what got this "issue" going that and the fact that a possible new tenant saw that there were more than 1400 commuters in the lot one day and decided to not sign a lease since they saw this as a potential issue with their customer base. This is what was explained to me by PM Security and mgmt. The fact that even now with only 950 spots, it is more than what PM has to legally give, which is 275 spots.
On a side note, now that gas prices are going down, Ive noticed the lot doesnt fill up quite as fast now. I wonder what happened to all those who stated its for the environment but now that gas is nearly a dollar cheaper than it was 2 months ago, they seem to say to hell with the environment and drive now. Just an observation, and not one against all, just the few fakers who are too cheap to either live closer to work or pay for gas at a premium price.
Any thoughts?
toomuchcoffeelady View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toomuchcoffeelady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2008 at 4:08pm
quote:
Originally posted by Wayne

Any thoughts?

Sure.

1. Fewer people are parking at PM because there are fewer available spaces.

2. You joined this message board for the sole purpose of antagonizing people. Seriously, dude, I'm all for PM limiting its slugger parking, but the tone of your posts makes me not want to shop at your mall.

ain't free speech a wonderful thing, until you don't like the views being stated? - Ceejay2
Deanwvu View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deanwvu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2008 at 6:52pm
Go ahead Wayne, keep supporting this decision. Legal obligation or not, there is no GOOD reason for keeping those spots empty all day every weekday. There really isn't.

Where does Costco and every other tenant in that mall think our spending money comes from? It's called DISPOSABLE INCOME. If we blow all our money on gas--that means we aren't spending it in your stores!

For me it goes like this:

1. Mortgage
2. Food
3. Utilities
4. TRANSPORTATION COSTS
5. Luxury utilities (cable, internet, netflix, etc)
6. Savings deposit
7. THEN i take what I have left and go to the mall!!

It's pretty straightforward bud. If we all moved close, there wouldn't be a mall here at all...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic