Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > Morning Slug Lines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

610 staffordborough-only one line?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lisa S Wright Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 610 staffordborough-only one line?
    Posted: 01 Aug 2008 at 4:37pm
Although it states there are both DC and VA lines at the "old" lot, I do not see any DC line. Word of mouth is sending everyone who wants to go to L'Enphant, for example, over to the new lot. This may have made sense once but doesn't anymore because the parking at the new lot fills up too fast. There should be one line at 610 "old" lot and it should have DC and VA people in it. This also causes trouble on the way back when I want to pick up someone at L'Enphant to go to the old lot and the slugs are peeved because they only want the new lot.
abbycadabby08 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abbycadabby08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2008 at 11:37pm
I have the same question -- from what I understand, the Mine Road lot is full by 0615 or so, with folks either having to park illegally or at the nearby hotel. Now that more folks are slugging, Stafford riders should probably look to move the city line back to the old lot by Lowes. Agree???
go2grl View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote go2grl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2008 at 2:56pm
quote:
Originally posted by abbycadabby08

I have the same question -- from what I understand, the Mine Road lot is full by 0615 or so, with folks either having to park illegally or at the nearby hotel. Now that more folks are slugging, Stafford riders should probably look to move the city line back to the old lot by Lowes. Agree???

Do you mean completely remove the DC line from the new lot or start another one up at the old lot? I'm not familiar with the old lot, so I don't know the set-up with lines over there. I'm all for the latter, but think removing the line altogether wouldn't happen.
serenitynow View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote serenitynow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2008 at 3:22pm
I agree it woudl be great to restart the DC line. A couple of years ago the DC line was at the back of the lot by the tree line. If you take the left after the light and continue to the back side of the lot, slug would line up next to the last row of parked cars across form the gate to the school. I was very disappointed when it disbanded and I woudld certainly line up there to start it up again. I usually get the lot around 6:40 - so I cannot find space at Mine, which adds sometime to park & ride theFred bus.
Elemental View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elemental Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2008 at 4:55pm
I would be happy to have that downtown line active again as well. I primarily drive, ride occasionally. I'm on a bit of later schedule too and when I ride I'm too late to park at Mine Rd, when I drive I usually have to wait for the shuttle to arrive with riders. Is there enough interest to start passing the word a try to get this going again? Especially with the summer ending, Mine Rd is going to fill up even faster in the morning.
tangelo53 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tangelo53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2008 at 1:04pm
quote:
Originally posted by Elemental

I would be happy to have that downtown line active again as well. I primarily drive, ride occasionally. I'm on a bit of later schedule too and when I ride I'm too late to park at Mine Rd, when I drive I usually have to wait for the shuttle to arrive with riders. Is there enough interest to start passing the word a try to get this going again? Especially with the summer ending, Mine Rd is going to fill up even faster in the morning.

I know a lot of my friends will park at the "old lot" behind McD's and take the shuttle over to the new lot for a ride to DC. I think it is only a quarter or something to take the shuttle.
getmehome pweeze View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote getmehome pweeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2008 at 3:52pm
I just posted this same question in the general topics section. Where did the 14th Street line at the old lot go?? There is NO ROOM at the new lot by 6:45...

Slug'n till 2013 (when the HOT lanes roll in)
smiths View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smiths Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2008 at 9:19am
Drivers: Call out your DC destinations at the 610 lot! I'm sure more people than me go to the Pentagon only to Metro downtown.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic