Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > Afternoon Slug Lines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Pentagon Pick-up Update (FYI)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pentagon Pick-up Update (FYI)
    Posted: 12 Dec 2002 at 12:28pm
In an eariler post I expressed concern over the traffic issues during the afternoon slug-fest at the Pentagon. I contacted the Pentagon Building Manager's Office (as suggested by a reader) and below is their reply and my original question(s):

Original inquiry---
Dear Mr. Bryant:

Shortly after the events of September 11, 2001 the pick-up locations for the Pentagon Slug-lines were changed in response to current and anticipated threat conditions (PBM 01-42). Can you offer an up-date to the location change message? Has the Building Management staff considered relocating the Prince William Slug pick-up line back to its original location? My concern is that the traffic problems during the evening have continued to worsen. On any given night drivers can expect to wait 35 minutes or more as they drive along South Rotary Road in an effort to reach the Slug pick-up points.

Thanks in advance for your response.

Reply---
Your concern regarding the Pentagon Slug Line was reviewed and responded to by the appropriate offices: Pentagon Building Manager's Office and the Pentagon Force Protection Agency.

The decision to relocate slug lines to their current locations was
based on guidance from the Pentagon Force Protection Agency. This agency has maintained the existing traffic flow patterns to enhance force protection.

A proposal to permanently relocate the Slug Line is currently under
consideration; however, the exact location will be determined based upon security concerns first. Traffic congestion is also a major consideration in the adoption of any proposed change and will be reviewed concurrently. Safety and security for the Pentagon and its employees are the foremost considerations while working to resolve Slug Line concerns.

Thank you for your patience while this matter is reviewed.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic