Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Slug behaviour/asking them to stop or get out

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n/a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2008 at 1:50pm
quote:
Originally posted by CallmeMrSlug

Really, you drivers who post on here are a bunch of whiners. Lets be real, if you can get to your office 20 minutes each way or so earlier than you could get on the main lines, you would pick up 2 bricks to drive HOV. I don't smell but if I did, you would pick up me and save almost an hour each day. That is why the slug system works because us slugs benefit you in some way. So get off the high horse you all have been lately, do your part and do what you would do regardless of the slug benefit, and quit whining.

Wow Mr. Slug, you sure know how to charm drivers! Not! Bottom line: It's a voluntary system and if you don't like any part of it, don't participate.

And while all parties benefit, slugs are guests in the drivers' cars. And while slugs are riding in someone else's car they should behave as guests. Drivers are entitled to require any slug-etiquette behaviour standards they wish (BTW, they own the car and assume all the financial burdens). If slugs don't like it they don't have to ride!

Thanks to all the riders who put up with me and provide a safe and free ride in to work! And thanks to all the slugs who ride with respect and courtesy when I drive!
Honda_Lady View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honda_Lady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2008 at 10:13pm

Hello Deanwvu! Sorry to hear you have been running into the same issues as myself. What I have done to remedy the man with terrible body odor at Rolling Valley, is to spray my room spray in my car when he gets in. He doesn't ask me why I'm spraying.. I think he knows. I feel sorry for him.. this is why I cannot refuse him a ride. I inform the other slugs they may roll down the windows if the spray is too much. This seems to be working so far.
Originally posted by Deanwvu

Anyone ask slugs to get out when they are immediately offensive?

Like, they just got in your car, and the cigarette smell is so strong, immediate, and plain nasty, that you tell them to please exit the vehicle? Anyone done this, or seen a driver do this?

HondaLover
psueric View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote psueric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2008 at 8:18am
I haven't asked anyone to leave, but I do ask riders to buckle up before I will start driving, and last week, I had a rider Huff, and get out of the car instead of buckling his seat-belt.

Considering the law, and the Insurance Liability, I feel it's my right to REQUIRE seatbelt usage by my passengers.

mycroftt View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mycroftt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2008 at 8:54am
quote:
Originally posted by psueric

I haven't asked anyone to leave, but I do ask riders to buckle up before I will start driving, and last week, I had a rider Huff, and get out of the car instead of buckling his seat-belt.

Considering the law, and the Insurance Liability, I feel it's my right to REQUIRE seatbelt usage by my passengers.

It is absolutely your right as a driver to require the use of seatbelts, just as it is the right of a boat owner to require the wearing of life jackets.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic