Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Archived Slugging Topics > HOT Lanes Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedHOT lanes and I'm out

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n/a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2008 at 4:06pm
quote:
Originally posted by ybarra

Not political, non partisan...,,,

Reason first published concept of HOT lanes in 1988, and again in 1993.

It was bad politics then, and its bad politics now!

HOT is highway robbery!
colossus911 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colossus911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2008 at 11:08am
According to Biden isn't paying taxese patriotic, therefore why are we complaining...
n/a View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n/a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2008 at 4:28pm
quote:
Originally posted by colossus911

According to Biden isn't paying taxese patriotic, therefore why are we complaining...

Thanks for weighing in (six weeks late)! I have no problem with paying my share of the expenses that help to keep the street lights on and Police and Fire/Rescue officers at my service. That's what our tax dollars are supposed to do.

HOT lanes are just another tax disguised as a user fee, bailing out VDOT for years of poor fiscal responsibility, funding a foriegn construction companies profits. HOT is a tax for transportation services that we have already paid for, over a generation of taxes and still counting, designated for the interstate highway system that has been mismanaged and underfunded for years. Now the costs are passed on to us and our children.

HOT is highway robbery.
Jerry Senfield View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jerry Senfield Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2009 at 3:36pm
Dean-where would you move to?
You can't escape the government...they'll get you!

*JAWS music*
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic