Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Archived Slugging Topics > HOT Lanes Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Expert Gives Opinion If NoVa HOT Lanes Will Work
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedExpert Gives Opinion If NoVa HOT Lanes Will Work

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sluDgE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Expert Gives Opinion If NoVa HOT Lanes Will Work
    Posted: 03 Sep 2008 at 7:10am
Article today at WTOP radio website:

http://www.wtop.com/?nid=30&sid=1471205

n/a View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n/a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2008 at 4:14pm
quote:
Originally posted by sluDgE

Article today at WTOP radio website:

http://www.wtop.com/?nid=30&sid=1471205

This "expert" may want to try participating in a successful commuting system that, oh yeah, is FREE! before he renders his expert opinion. I would like to welcome Mark Hallenbeck to ride in with me and a few of my fellow slugs, I'll drive! In the 15 minute trip between Bob's and L'Enfant he'll be treated to a safe, speedy and free ride and very convincing commentary in opposition of this double-tax scam called HOT, and in favor of the now operational, successful and free to commuter system called 'HOV lanes.'

Or Mr. Hallenbeck can take the ride with me in a year or two when the Lexus lanes are finished. Of course I'll ask him to pay the $20.00 one-way toll.
Jody View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2008 at 10:15am
If Hallenbeck thinks building the Beltway HOT lanes is going to improve traffic flow in the regular lanes, he is a fool. The HOT lanes will improve the commute for the rich who can afford the tolls. The rest will continue to suffer the rush hour crawl.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic