Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Accident leaving Rosslyn Tuesday

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
slugcarrier View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slugcarrier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Accident leaving Rosslyn Tuesday
    Posted: 02 Oct 2008 at 7:29am
quote:
Originally posted by Elemental

Reading this really makes me worry about who I am picking up when driving. Why is the assumption that this should be covered by the driver's auto insurance? Why not use your own health insurance? I'm sorry if you don't have health insurance, but should the driver who is giving you a free ride be held accountable for you not having insurance?

As a driver, although I agree with you, unfortunately if you have an accident and a passenger is injured, you are legally liable, particularly if the accident is your fault. If it is not your fault, the other driver will be liable (assuming he/she has insurance). Also unfortunately in today's litigous and "I am a victim" society, there are some who will take advantage of the situation through a false "injury' claim.
Elemental View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elemental Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2008 at 3:22pm
Reading this really makes me worry about who I am picking up when driving. Why is the assumption that this should be covered by the driver's auto insurance? Why not use your own health insurance? I'm sorry if you don't have health insurance, but should the driver who is giving you a free ride be held accountable for you not having insurance?
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slugcarrier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2008 at 2:31pm
quote:
Originally posted by mdog

Wow, looks like drivers will have to ask slugs to sign waivers before picking them up.

Yep, the typical....wait a minute there may be some bucks in this...."Oh my neck hurts"
mdog View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2008 at 10:10am
Wow, looks like drivers will have to ask slugs to sign waivers before picking them up.
getmehome pweeze View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote getmehome pweeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2008 at 10:40am

No, just part of the adult crowd, who happens to work for attorney's, and therefore has a better respect for them than you obviously do.

I do agree, kalonh1 should have payed a bit more attention to getting all the details after his accident. I was a victim of a rear-ending, in which the driver lied to the police stating he had insurance. I found out later on that was a lie. My insurance company took care of it in the end.

Slug'n till 2013 (when the HOT lanes roll in)
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slugcarrier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2008 at 10:22am
quote:
Originally posted by getmehome pweeze

real immature response slugcarrier.

Glad you enjoyed it. You're obviously one of the "I am the victim here" crowd LOL!!!
Oosik View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oosik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2008 at 8:22am
Police should have a copy of the report that can be pulled by date and location.

BTW, did the driver take three thus increasing his potential costs of liability?

getmehome pweeze View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote getmehome pweeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2008 at 7:59am
real immature response slugcarrier.

New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slugcarrier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2008 at 7:15am
Call an ambulance chasing lawyer, and make sure you get a neckbrace whether you need it or not.
kalonh1 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kalonh1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2008 at 9:20pm
I was riding in a car on Tuesday pm leaving Rosslyn and going to PM and we got in a wreck. We were in a Honda Accord. I know it was dumb, but I didn't get the insurance information from the driver. At the time I was fine, however, I've been having back spasm since and would like to go see a doctor. Any information?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic