Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > Afternoon Slug Lines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Afternoons to Rt 17

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote soko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Afternoons to Rt 17
    Posted: 27 Dec 2002 at 2:27pm
I just started commuting to Rt 17 in the afternoon. Is L'Enfant the best place at about 4:15 to 4:30. Any other place downtown would be ok too, trying to avoid the Pentagon.
kortegel View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kortegel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2003 at 8:59am
You've probably figured it out by now, but no -- there is no dedicated afternoon line going from L'Enfant to Route 17 unfortunately. Look into the newly-created Yahoo groups to coordinate a ride home (unfortunately it will probably have to be on a daily basis that you do this).[:(]

K.O.
Deedeevee View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deedeevee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2003 at 11:11am
quote:
Originally posted by soko
[br]I just started commuting to Rt 17 in the afternoon. Is L'Enfant the best place at about 4:15 to 4:30. Any other place downtown would be ok too, trying to avoid the Pentagon.

[:)]Would you be interested in a gauranteed ride from the Roslyn metro @ 4p?
tondalea View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tondalea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2003 at 12:45pm
Has anyone tried getting home from 14th and G or F street?
TKest View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TKest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2003 at 8:02am
Although I haven't tried G or F, last year I tried 1/2 dozen times from 14th and Independence with no luck with drivers to Rt. 17. (There were more than a few cars coming by for Potomac Mills and Lakeridge though.)

quote:
Originally posted by tondalea
[br]Has anyone tried getting home from 14th and G or F street?

Susan Buchanan View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan Buchanan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2003 at 12:27pm
We are launching the slug line from 14th & G to route 17 (next to the 610 slug line) on Monday, February 3rd. The initial plan is for it to run from 4:00 to 5:30. We'll change it as needed and as more people particpate and make suggestions. Please spread the word and join the effort! The webmaster is posting some info on the launch this week and I've posted flyers at the commuter lot. You should also subscribe to the slug list so you'll receive e-mails regarding this line and coordinated rides to 17. Please help get this going!
kortegel View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kortegel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2003 at 2:19pm
How is this effort going?

K.O.
tondalea View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tondalea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2003 at 3:43pm
Kortegal,

It's not going at all. I was there from the second day that it started. I must admit that I got a ride home every day until the big snow storm hit. After that I was stuck with that 6:00 bus (or a ride to 610) home which doesnt get to 17 until almost 8:00. After the first time riding this bus, I vowed never to do it again, but I did and with the same results. I've only heard one person say that they have always been able to get a ride home and I dont know if that means to Route 17 or if the are settling for 610, but when I get there it's usuall around 4:40 and I wait patiently with my sign until. I dont give up until that 6:00 bus comes. I wish it would get back on the ball because I am not going back to the Pentagon any time soon and I hate spending money at that darn bus.
waterelf View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote waterelf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2003 at 8:27am
Has this line picked up for Route 17?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic