Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Archived Slugging Topics > HOT Lanes Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedSlugging & HOT lane Wash Post article

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dieruff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2008 at 6:10pm
quote:
Originally posted by ybarra

Having read the comment about whether HOV 3 will be charged, let me remind you that Virginia law mandates that carpools (HOV3+) and transit have (free)access to the HOT lanes. Variable toll pricing will be used to manage the number of toll-paying customers..in other words those with 1 or 2 folks in a vehicle who wish to enter the lanes. Variable tolls will be used to keep the lanes free flowing. Therefore unlike traditional toll roads with a rate schedule, toll prices on the HOT lanes will be adjusted on real-time traffic conditions including volume and speed of traffic. THe variable toll rate is the tool the HOT lanes will use to manage the traffic levels and ensure consistent, free flowing conditions in the lanes.

In addition, the private oprators are restricted from from tolling HOVs as per the legislation mentioned above. The HOV eligibility requirements is a policy governed by the Commonwealth who remains the owner of the road. The private partners do not have the authority to change that policy.

Mr. Ybarra...with all due respect, YOU ARE WRONG! This HOT lane idea is wrong and should be stopped immediately, if not sooner.
Sorry sir, but the whole plan is a big joke and only taxpayers and commuters shall suffer.
You sir, in your VDOT seat, shall laugh all the way to your free parking space each morning.
There is absolutely nothing wrong the way the present HOV lanes work on I-395/I-95. Nothing wrong at all. I think we commuters think that the hybrids be removed. I agree but to compromise, leave the hybrids and blow-off the HOT lanes. HOT lanes won't work.
They may work elsewhere although I am a skeptic about that. But they won't work in Northern Virginia.
VDOT and others in the state government are pushing this through without proper notifications and opportunites and feedback for the taxpaying public. Please STOP these HOT lanes now. Thank you.
PickEmUpAndBringEmHome View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PickEmUpAndBringEmHome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2008 at 6:17am
Could HOT be stopped even if we wanted it to or is to far gone down the road?

FKA Atlantis.99
Jody View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2008 at 12:16pm
Over the past 3 years, I (and other posters) contacted the governor, state representatives (and posted their replies on this webpage), helped craft the anti-hot lane petition, notified as many drivers/riders in the slug lines to sign it and put flyers on cars, and each time an updated appeared about the HOT lanes, urged people to contact their state representatives, governor, etc. to voice their opposition.

The contract has been signed and it is too late to stop it. HOT lanes are here for the next 80 years.

toomuchcoffeelady View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toomuchcoffeelady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2008 at 2:19pm
Richmond completely F*cks NoVA in the butt (with a rusty-nail covered, herpes infected blunt object)so regularly that I'm surprised NoVA's not tried to secede from the commonwealth - ie, NC/SC, ND/SD style.
n/a View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n/a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2008 at 3:27pm
While I agree with the sentiment, TMCL should try some decaf.
toomuchcoffeelady View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toomuchcoffeelady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2008 at 12:30pm
quote:
Originally posted by raymond

While I agree with the sentiment, TMCL should try some decaf.

that is the most original joke I have ever heard.
Pele View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pele Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2008 at 8:46am
quote:
Originally posted by toomuchcoffeelady

Richmond completely F*cks NoVA in the butt (with a rusty-nail covered, herpes infected blunt object)so regularly that I'm surprised NoVA's not tried to secede from the commonwealth - ie, NC/SC, ND/SD style.

I hope not. North Virginia would be a blue state, much like Maryland... You couldn't pay me enough to live in Maryland.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic