Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > Afternoon Slug Lines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

DC to 610 Stafford

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
SuTaRiCh View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuTaRiCh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DC to 610 Stafford
    Posted: 15 Dec 2008 at 8:36am
Thanks - that helps a lot. I guess it means I'm out of luck though. On the days I have to slug, I am "late" - at best 7:10 to Rte 17. So getting in to the Mine Road lot sounds like a non-starter. And getting to 14th and G is just as bad if not worse than going to the Pentagon in the evening, so I guess I'm stuck with what I'm currently doing.

But it is really good to know that. So thank you for the info.
Elemental View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elemental Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2008 at 1:48pm
You will have better luck getting to L'Enfant from the Mine Rd, aka "new lot". This lot has two slug lines, one for the Pentagon and the other for all downtown destinations including L'Enfant, 14th, 18th, and Navy Yard. I have heard that there is a good return line in the pm from L'Enfant to that lot, but don't know that personally.

Just be forewarned, this lot fills earlier than the other 610 lot (610 aka "old lot") usually by 6:15/6:30 I think, but you can park at the old lot and take the Fred shuttle over for a quarter.

To get back to the 610, old lot, in the evening you will need to go to the Pentagon. To get back to 610, new lot, there is a line at 14th & G - rides are more reliable before 5:00 and there is the L'Enfant line - but once again, I don't know much about that line other than it exists! The Fred shuttle runs between the two lots in the evenings as well.

Hope this helps...
SuTaRiCh View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuTaRiCh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2008 at 11:34am
And to add to that question, if I hope to ride from DC to 610 in the evening, is there a BETTER lot on 610 to park in? Mine Road or the other? I usually ride from Rte 17 to downtown, but am annoyed by having to go to the Pentagon every evening. Makes driving up to 610 maybe worth it, but I don't know how good the rides home are.

And while I appreciate that link from sluDgE, my experience is that those pages are pretty out of date.
sluDgE View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sluDgE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2008 at 11:02am
[:)]

http://www.slug-lines.com/PM_lines/Lenfant_Plaza.asp
jomac006 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jomac006 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2008 at 8:47am
This morning was my first time slugging in (from 610) I work at the FAA building right by L'Enfant Metro station. This morning I couldn't find a ride into DC but the Pentagon was close enough since it was just a metro stop away. I'm wondering how many drivers and sluggers are going from DC to 610 and what time they leave so I can catch a ride back instead of hoping on the Metro. Thanks in advance for your help.

Josh
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic