Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > Morning Slug Lines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Talking on the Cell Phone... Seriously!?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adwiggins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Talking on the Cell Phone... Seriously!?
    Posted: 18 Dec 2008 at 8:37am
I don't mind the occasional "Hey, I'm running late. I'll be there in 20 minutes." or "Yeah, sorry you had that judge for your case... listen, I'm in the car right now, can I call you back?", but this morning, the slug we picked up went WAY too far.

We picked up a slug at Horner Road going to DC. As we passed Edsall Road, the slug's cell phone rings. She starts her conversation... and continues her conversation ALL THE WAY into DC... talking about her kids, school, comparing with her friend's kid's school, her divorce... blah blah blah...

To top it off, when we confronted the slug, she made it seem like WE were the ones who was overreacting. We weren't mean when we confronted her (although there were a few choice words I would have like to have said... but I kept it to myself), but she bailed out before her requested stop, slammed the door and we didn't even get a "Thank you" out of her.

I'm not trying to sound mean, but I'm paying for the gas and maintenance in my car as well as parking in DC. I'm offering a stranger a ride in my car for FREE... the least this slug could have done was to show some courtesy and not yap on the phone almost the whole ride to work.

The mornings are for relaxing (for me, sleeping - especially when I work two jobs and running on 3 hours of sleep; my husband drives our car) and the afternoons are for unwinding after a stressful day of work, but SERIOUSLY!?

I'm not telling all cell phone users to turn off their phones before getting in the car (that would be traumatic enough for ME!), but at least show me and my husband the courtesy and respect and not carry on a 20 minute conversation throughout the car ride to and/or from work!
aurorav View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aurorav Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2008 at 12:56pm
Shame on that slug! She should have been respectful and gotten off the phone immediately. I've been in a car with a slug on the phone who was clearly on a conversation that could've waited. I was so irritated! I was hoping the driver would say something, but they never did. During another ride, the driver did say something to the other slug. He very politely apologized and terminated his call. You had every right to say something.

LaLa
colossus911 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colossus911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2008 at 11:18am
RADIO - Simple soulition, slug gest on radio, takes more than 2 min, they get the 200 decibel radio talk show in the back ground till they get off the phone.

Simple, works great...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic