Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > Morning Slug Lines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Sydenstricker Expansion

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schlepp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sydenstricker Expansion
    Posted: 18 Dec 2008 at 5:38pm
I'm sure this issue has been raised before, but I'll state it again! The Sydenstricker lot typically is full by 6:50 am. Slugs who have parked on the street continue to trickle in until about 7:15, then the lot is tapped out. Why doesn't the slugging continue at Gambril Commuter Lot, which is about 1,000 feet away and is never full? I, for one, would love to pick up slugs at 8 am!

Schlepp
Jody View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2008 at 4:45pm
I've often wondered why a slug line for DC destinations never caught on at the Gambrill lot. I used to meet my carpool there.

A few years back, people tried to start a slug line at Springfield Mall (the mall donated spaces). The problem was in the evening. Drivers weren't willing to take the riders back to the mall. They took them to Bob's and the riders had to either catch a FFX Connector bus or walk to the mall. It didn't take long for that slug line to disappear and the riders came back to the Bob's line.

In order to start a slug line at the Gambrills lot, riders need to know they will get a ride back to the lot in the evening.
Springfield slug View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Springfield slug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2008 at 7:51am
I would participate in a slug lime at Gambril going to DC.
n/a View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n/a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2009 at 3:53pm
The Gambrill lot is a huge lot that never fills up! it is also much more convenient to east-bound drivers, easy off - easy on the FfxCoPkwy. Another option is the new Backlick Rd lot, next to the VFW under the FfxCoPkwy; same situation!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic