Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Winter Weather

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jomac006 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Winter Weather
    Posted: 05 Jan 2009 at 8:22am
Now that January is upon us, and since this is my first winter slugging, I was just curious as to what other sluggers and drivers do when the federal government and other employers let their employees out early.

Thanks
n/a View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n/a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2009 at 3:50pm
Metro, bus or start calling around to those you know who may have driven in. Sometimes I will still drive past the slug line just to see if anyone needs a ride. Good luck!
mycroftt View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mycroftt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2009 at 8:03am
I've been driving for the past couple of years after slugging for 5 or 6 years. If I have to bail early due to the weather I swing by the slug line just to see if anyone is there. Going to the Pentagon might be a good bet for someone looking for a ride, too. Once, on a beautiful spring Friday afternoon when our office network was down for maintenance, I went to the Pentagon and got a ride at 2:00 PM from a fellow coming from the Navy Yard who swung by the Pentagon line just to see if anyone was there.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic