Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > Morning Slug Lines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Horner Road 14 Street, Navy Yard and L'Enfant

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claudia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Horner Road 14 Street, Navy Yard and L'Enfant
    Posted: 09 Jan 2009 at 8:08am
How does one go about starting 3 different lines for these three destinations?

Each morning the line to downtown Washington DC is extreamly long because 3 destinations are in one line.

Any idea how to start changing this to make it faster for cars picking up and for sluggers?

Thank you for your feedback

Claudia
Woodbridge

portermg View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote portermg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2009 at 7:51am
quote:
Originally posted by Claudia

How does one go about starting 3 different lines for these three destinations?

Each morning the line to downtown Washington DC is extreamly long because 3 destinations are in one line.

Any idea how to start changing this to make it faster for cars picking up and for sluggers?

Thank you for your feedback

Claudia
Woodbridge

I could not agree with you more! I find that with this long line, many cars are lined up just waiting slowly to pull up. The riders have to wait a long time to enter cars, and the drivers are sitting in their vehicles longer waiting to pull up to pick up slugs. If we separate the lines, then I am sure that we could speed things up.

I actually go to L'Enfant Plaza every morning, so I was wondering if the folks going to L'Enfant Plaza/Navy Yard could start lining up right across the main road (north side) in the parking lot where buses drop off in the afternoon.

I think having two separate lines, one for 14th and downtown, and another line for L'Enfant/Navy Yard would do a much better job at speeding things up on those cold chilly mornings.

Does anyone else agree? How could we get this changed?
portermg View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote portermg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2009 at 2:12pm
Does anyone have any suggestions?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic