Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Archived Slugging Topics > HOT Lanes Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - I-95/395 HOV/BUS/HOT LANES DESIGN PUBLIC HEARING
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedI-95/395 HOV/BUS/HOT LANES DESIGN PUBLIC HEARING

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I-95/395 HOV/BUS/HOT LANES DESIGN PUBLIC HEARING
    Posted: 06 Feb 2009 at 9:25am
I-95/395 HOV/BUS/HOT LANES DESIGN PUBLIC HEARING

The Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT) is hosting a Design Public Hearing for the I-95/395 HOV/Bus/HOT Lanes that are planned for Arlington , Fairfax , Prince William, Stafford and Spotsylvania Counties , and the City of Alexandria .

For convenience the hearing will be held on three nights in three different locations:

Monday, February 9, 2009
(Snow Date: Thursday, February 12)
5:00 – 9:00 P.M.
(Brief Presentation at 7:00 P.M.)
Potomac High School
3401 Panther Pride Drive
Dumfries , VA 22026

Tuesday, February 10, 2009
(Snow Date: Thursday, February 19)
5:00 – 9:00 P.M.
Robert E. Lee High School
6540 Franconia Road
Springfield, VA 22150

Wednesday, February 11, 2009
(Snow Date: Wednesday, February 18)
5:00-9:00 P.M.
Minnie Howard School
3801 W Braddock Road
Alexandria , VA 22302

The latest design plans will add capacity to the existing high occupancy vehicle (HOV) lanes and extend HOV/HOT lanes from the vicinity of the Pentagon in Arlington to a point below the Massaponax exit in Spotsylvania County . The project is divided into the Northern and Southern Sections. The Northern Section is the subject of these Public Hearings. This section begins at the Pentagon and ends near the Garrisonville Road (Route 610) area.

Plans can be viewed at the VDOT’s Northern Virginia Office, 14685 Avion Parkway , Chantilly , VDOT’s Megaprojects Office, 6363 Walker Lane, Suite 500 , Alexandria , VA 22310 and at VDOT’s Fredericksburg Residence at 86 Deacon Road , Fredericksburg , VA 22405 . For further information call 1-877-395-95VA or visit the Web site at www.vamegaprojects.com. You may also e-mail your comments to: Meeting_Comments@VDOT.Virginia.gov. Please reference “I-95/395 HOV/Bus/HOT Lanes” in the subject heading. Anyone with a disability or other special needs who would like to attend the meeting should contact VDOT’s Civil Rights Division at (703) 383-2341 or TDD 711.
NoSUV View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoSUV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2009 at 7:12pm
Did anyone attend a meeting? Was it the same as 2 years ago when they refused to allow open discussion?
Halscomputer View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Halscomputer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2009 at 10:36pm
I went to the Springfield meeting tonight. You could sign up to speak [:)] and comment on the plan, but they didn't address your comments at the meeting. They said the will address the comments in a report. Several speakers wanted them to address noise issues. A number of speaker support it [:(]. A couple of other speakers and I question the plan. Please go to the meeting and question this plan. If you can’t make it please provide comments to the email address.

Hal
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic