Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > Afternoon Slug Lines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Line moved at the Pentagon?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Slug
Junior Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gatewayslug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Line moved at the Pentagon?
    Posted: 24 Feb 2009 at 7:46am
Last Friday they put up a new sign on the south end (nearest I395) of the Stafford/Fredericksburg slug lines (Fern St). The sign reads Burke/Springfield. The problem with this is that the sign (and therefore the pickup area) is where the it narrows down to one lane before exiting onto South Rotary Road. If there are any cars waiting there no one will be able to get past them. Has anyone heard what the powers that be at the Pentagon has in mind and why they made this apparent disaster waiting to happen?
mpatoka View Drop Down
Junior Slug
Junior Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mpatoka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2009 at 8:44am
Last night leaving the Pentagon and slugging to 610, I automatically walked to the last sign without reading it, not realizing they put up the new Springfield sign. The guy standing next to me asked if I was slugging to Springfield (he was looking for the other Springfield lines) and I would've ended up going to Springfield instead of 610 had he not said something.

I don't think that's the best place for that line, especially on days when traffic is having a hard time merging onto Rotary Drive and it backs up so the Stafford drivers have a hard time getting in and out. Maybe the "powers that be" figure that line isn't used much so it won't really impact traffic flow.
TWO View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TWO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2009 at 1:27pm
So where is the afternoon Springfield line now? Any update on this?
TWO View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TWO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2009 at 6:59pm
Nevermind - I found the answer. The Springfield/Burke line is back in it's original location.
mpatoka View Drop Down
Junior Slug
Junior Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mpatoka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2009 at 2:54pm
I noticed yesterday the sign was taken down from by the Stafford lines and is now by the Prince William lines.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic