Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

14th st to 610

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swannaws Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 14th st to 610
    Posted: 24 Feb 2009 at 9:38am
I'm new to slugging and still figuring this out. I have had to take the Martz bus twice in a week because no one has stopped to pick up slugs at 14th and G. I am usually out there by 5:15. It is very easy to get a ride in the morning so I assume those same people need to pick up slugs on the way home too. Since that evening line seems to be slow, I am wondering if someone can tell me when they drop slugs off on 14th st in the morning, do they usually pick up somewhere else on the way home? Thanks for any advice!
Elemental View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elemental Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2009 at 12:43pm
As a driver, I can tell you that 14th & G is really hit or miss both for drivers wanting riders and vice versa. Getting down 14th St in the evening can be such a pain that sometimes we just go to the Pentagon since it is a sure thing for getting a rider. Also 5:15 is a little on the late side for that line, the peak time seems to be more like 4:00-4:30 - if you can get there before 5 you will probably have better luck.
bnvus View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bnvus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2009 at 3:35pm
Yup, Metro to the Pentagon. They pickup well past 6PM.
swannaws View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swannaws Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2009 at 3:50pm
Thanks for the info!
BC018384 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BC018384 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2009 at 8:09am
quote:
Originally posted by bnvus

Yup, Metro to the Pentagon. They pickup well past 6PM.

I wouldn't say well past 6 P.M. I was out there at 6:15 each night two weeks ago and no slugs or cars anywhere.
mpatoka View Drop Down
Junior Slug
Junior Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mpatoka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2009 at 8:59am
quote:
Originally posted by BC018384

I wouldn't say well past 6 P.M. I was out there at 6:15 each night two weeks ago and no slugs or cars anywhere.

How long did you wait and did you get picked up eventually?

I've been picked up after 7pm there and last week my wife and I picked up two slugs at 7:50 pm headed for 610 that were standing out there.
BC018384 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BC018384 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2009 at 1:44pm
quote:
Originally posted by mpatoka

quote:
Originally posted by BC018384

How long did you wait and did you get picked up eventually?

I've been picked up after 7pm there and last week my wife and I picked up two slugs at 7:50 pm headed for 610 that were standing out there.

I only stood about 10 minutes and there wasn't a car or slug in sight. I didn't want to miss the bus so I had to make a decision.
Kramer View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2009 at 11:46am
I was left in that area for 4 hours and no one showed.
bnvus View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bnvus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2009 at 3:14pm
At the Pentagon most slugs migrate accross the street after 6 PM and hold a 610 sign up at on coming traffic in front of the 395 HOV entrance. Never had a problem.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic