Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > Afternoon Slug Lines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

L'Enfant Plaza to Rt 17

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duckduffer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: L'Enfant Plaza to Rt 17
    Posted: 05 Mar 2009 at 3:04pm
There has been some talk in the mornings of riders looking for a ride in the afternoon from L’Enfant Plaza (GSA Bld) to Rt 17. Are there slugs or drivers who would want to work on getting this set up?
17orbust View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 17orbust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2009 at 12:43pm
This has been brought up several times over the last year. It never takes off for some reason. I've tried a couple of times to stand out there but I end up hitting the metro over to the puzzle palace and slugging from there.
SuTaRiCh View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuTaRiCh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2009 at 9:42am
I am a sometime rider from Rte 17 to L'Enfant. Part of the reason I don't do it more regularly (usually only when my husband is out of town and I have to do daycare duty and waiting for the last VRE train just gets me in WAAAAY too late) is the annoyance of needing to Metro to the Pentagon first. I would welcome the chance to be picked up at L'Enfant, but am not enough of a regular to be in a position to organize it.
duckduffer View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duckduffer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2009 at 9:25am
I get off work about 3:30 PM and slug home. Is someone leaving around that time that wants to pick up around that time. Maybe if we post the times and find people willing to slug/drive with times they are there we can get this going.
Thanks
tabarcus View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tabarcus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2009 at 9:33pm
There is growing interest in leaving from L'Enfant Plaza to Rt 17....during the 4:00 pm timeframe. Still confused on where to stand for this Slug Line? Comunicatoin is the biggest problem, so we need to communicate where the line begins. Is it on the East side of GSA or on the South side of GSA?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic