Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Archived Slugging Topics > HOT Lanes Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedDelegate Nichols Petition to Stop HOT Lanes

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Delegate Nichols Petition to Stop HOT Lanes
    Posted: 10 Mar 2009 at 5:25am
Delegate Nichols, is putting together a petition of citizens to ask the Governor to stop the HOT lanes. He has set up a page on his website to collect the signitures at:

http://delegatenichols.com/StopHOTLanes

If you oppose HOT lanes, please take a minute to complete the petition!
Luddite View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luddite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2009 at 4:27pm
Delegate Nichols is about 8 years too late for this. I recall writing letters to our part time legislators on my 386 computer. Besides, construction is well-along.
n/a View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n/a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2009 at 11:03am
quote:
Originally posted by Luddite

Delegate Nichols is about 8 years too late for this. I recall writing letters to our part time legislators on my 386 computer. Besides, construction is well-along.

This petition opposes converting the existing HOV-3 lanes on the I-95/395 corridor to HOT Lanes; which takes a public-owned asset and gives it to a private company who will then charge the public to use.

However, there is already petition with well over 1000 signatures on this site.
alphalimafoxtrot View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alphalimafoxtrot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2009 at 3:49pm
I just joined up to this forum today, and went to Nichols' website to add my signature to the petition. Tonight, as an Alexandria resident of Parkfairfax which lies adjacent to the Shirlington I-395 interchange, I intend to participate in a community Town Hall meeting tonight which addresses the impact of proposed (guaranteed?) HOT lane construction in our neighborhood.

http://www.parkfairfax.info/news/AnnounceShow.asp?announcement_id=60066&assn_id=10230

It will be interesting - and perhaps revealing - to listen to what Fluor and Transurban salesmen representatives will have to say in defense of this enormously expensive, regionally impacting effort to absorb federal stimulus money add pay-to-play single-driver lanes to an already overloaded highway network. Why is it so difficult for elected officials to recognize the economic and environmental benefits slugging carpoolers provide in the daily transportation stream? The most significant question to ask Governor Kaine and the VDOT crew is really this: why are you NOT making smarter infrastructure investments in mass transit/public transit solutions?

I prefer a healthy environment rather than a wealthy special-interest-group.
Luddite View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luddite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2009 at 4:37pm
quote:
This petition opposes converting the existing HOV-3 lanes on the I-95/395 corridor to HOT Lanes; which takes a public-owned asset and gives it to a private company who will then charge the public to use.

However, there is already petition with well over 1000 signatures on this site.

I knew about this plot years ago.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic