Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > Afternoon Slug Lines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Pentagon after 5:30

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote karma_energy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pentagon after 5:30
    Posted: 30 Mar 2009 at 2:01pm
Is there anyone picking up slugs between 530-6 at the Pentagon?

Or is that just too late to consider?
sluDgE View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sluDgE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2009 at 7:24am
Yes, they are. [:)]

But the closer it gets to 6 PM, the number of drivers falls off. Your chances of getting a ride will also depend on where you're heading.

And a few really considerate drivers will swing by the Pentagon even after 6 PM (They will usually look for riders on the sidewalk near the right turn out of the south parking lot that leads to the HOV entrance ramp). [:)]
Jeremiah_Mac View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeremiah_Mac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2009 at 12:45pm
I'm sorry I know this topic is a month old, but I'm brand new to this. I don't leave the Pentagon until 6 and I realize that the HOV opens up to traffic anyways, but I would still be willing to give anyone who would like a ride backe to Burke... Rolling Hills I believe? Saves on the metro
Jeremiah_Mac View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeremiah_Mac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2009 at 1:25pm
My apologies- going to Rolling Valley
mpatoka View Drop Down
Junior Slug
Junior Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mpatoka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2009 at 3:48pm
Yes, always carry your destination sign with you (610, Horner Rd, etc) and after 6pm stand on the sidewalk holding your sign with the other slugs by the HOV entrance and you will usually get a ride. Sometimes as late as 8pm but it can get nerve-wracking if you're standing out there for awhile.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic