Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > Afternoon Slug Lines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ticketed at L'enfant

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ddubb19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ticketed at L'enfant
    Posted: 02 Apr 2009 at 5:10pm
Has anyone heard that DC police were going to start ticketing on D St at the L'enfant pick-up lines??? About 30 mins ago, my sister stopped there to pick up riders. Right after the riders got in her car, a police woman told her not to leave because she was writing her a parking ticket...a $100 parking ticket!!!! She was not parked, just standing and was only there for a minute. The police woman said there had been complaints and that people can't pull up there anymore. The riders in her car and some in line waiting tried to explain. She would not listen and laughed as she gave my sister the ticket. There were other cars waiting, but she did not ticket them. If this is going to be the case, we will not be able go to L'enfant anymore to pick up riders. If anyone has had a similar experience or knows anything about this, please let me know. Thank you!!!
SlugsB1tch2Much View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SlugsB1tch2Much Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2009 at 10:29am
Sounds like she was parked for too long. How long does it take for one or two people to get in a car? Obviously she was there long enough to let a traffic cop pull up to her and start writing a ticket. Tell her that when she makes a pick up to get the passengers in the car and keep moving. If there aren't enough people you don't just sit there and park illegally on a major street.
jomac006 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jomac006 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2009 at 12:49pm
I saw it happen yesterday and the car picking up where only sitting for less then a minute as people were getting in. I was shocked at what was happening. It was a wrongful ticket. And even if she wasn't picking up slugs and just someone from the GSA building how else is she suppose to do it. Not like building in DC have parking lots for people to pull into. The cop obvious didn't realize April had started and was trying to make her quota for March, too bad she was two days late. Oh-well nothing like an early start for the money grubbing District. I hear the mayor wants to take another trip overseas.

New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SlugsB1tch2Much Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2009 at 3:18pm
Wow! Both you sound absolutely absurd. You broke the law, end of story. Doesn't matter that it's April or May or whatever! You broke the law, you deserve to pay the price, so just knock it off and pay!
fairfaxwatch View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fairfaxwatch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2009 at 5:03pm
I saw her getting the ticket and think it is ridiculous. The police officer is not allowing the slug lines to work. I hope the driver goes to court to fight the ticket and gets the riders that were in the car to go with her. We got the next slug in line and he said he would go to court with her. She should also write the wonderful legislators in DC and the Police Chief Lanier. I think she will listen....... Oh, and the stupid police car was about 100 feet in FRONT of a severe traffic accident that she was ignoring. DUH!!!
Ddubb19 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ddubb19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2009 at 9:05pm
My sister did say that the cop was just sitting there, so she kind of pulled in front of her to pick up the slugs. Maybe that set her off, and at that point felt like writing the ticket. She was there for MAYBE 30 seconds and didn't put the car in park until the cop started the ticketing process. So i guess it's a "standing ticket" not "parking ticket". Anyway, 4 people (including the 2 slugs that rode with her) said that they would go to court with her, so we'll see. She was talking about writing a letter to someone too. She knows the ticket can stand in court and she may have to pay the fine, but she's going to try anyway! Oh well, to be continued...
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SlugsB1tch2Much Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2009 at 12:47pm
Where can I find two idiots who want to jam up our due-process system with an asinine ticket? Oh wait, I know where...
swannaws View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swannaws Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2009 at 3:02pm
Where can I find ONE idiot, who is not a slug, and does not pick up slugs, who makes asinine comments on a forum for slugs....
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SlugsB1tch2Much Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2009 at 3:33pm
quote:
Originally posted by swannaws

Where can I find ONE idiot, who is not a slug, and does not pick up slugs, who makes asinine comments on a forum for slugs....

I was a slug, and I used to pick up slugs, now I like to watch you all bitch way too much about a process that wasn't very difficult. Sorry I value time over money enough to get a hybrid and drive myself directly home on the HOV-3 from my parking garage at work. [:D]
SuTaRiCh View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuTaRiCh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2009 at 1:38pm
I suggest that the person with a ticket also get a photograph of whatever sign there is on the street. If she was in a no standing zone, she might be out of luck. But if it was a no parking zone, it might help her case. Was she double parked (a problem) or at the curb?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic