Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > Morning Slug Lines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

F'burg/Stafford to DC/Alex... to Drive or P/U

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KristinF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: F'burg/Stafford to DC/Alex... to Drive or P/U
    Posted: 07 Apr 2009 at 12:28pm
I should start by saying I am new to slugging. With that said, I want to slug from Stafford (610/Mine Rd) to DC (19th & I) Street starting 4/13/09. My work hours are 8:30 to 5pm.

I am trying to get your expert opinions so I can decide if I want to pick up slugs or catch a ride as a slug. Does anyone have an opinion as to the current ratio of drivers to sluggers? Do you passengers ever get stuck at these locations without a ride? Do you drivers ever go pick up and have no passengers to pick up?

Any advice is greatly appreciated! Kristin
Elemental View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elemental Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2009 at 1:06pm
You are going to be a little late for the peak morning time for the 610/Mine Road lot. Parking fills up pretty early (maybe by 6:30?), so after 7 am there is usually a line of drivers waiting for riders. If you decide to ride, you won't have much problem getting a ride - but you would have to be dropped off, or park at the other lot and take the shuttle over. It's kind of a crap shoot at that point in the morning, if you were going earlier, there is usually a line of riders waiting for cars.

Coming home, you will need to go to 14th & G or Pentagon. Activity (both drivers & riders) at 14th & G really drops off after 4:30/5:00 - so you are probably safer going to the Pentagon considering your hours. Of course, if you ride & don't get a ride home at 14th & G, the Martz bus picks up there a few minutes before 6:00.

Good luck!
KristinF View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KristinF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2009 at 10:13am
Thank you so much for the info!!!!!!!!!!!
tdrcas View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tdrcas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2009 at 12:31pm
Let me know if you are still looking for a way home in the evening. We have a carpool that goes to the Old lot and are looking for a permanent rider. We leave around 5pm from Conn & L and leave town thru Memorial bridge.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic