Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2 or 3?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeremiah_Mac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2 or 3?
    Posted: 01 May 2009 at 5:48pm
I have a question. In the mornings I pick up slugs from the Rolling Valley lot. There are plenty cars (from what Ive seen) to pick up all slugs going to the Pentagon. So here is my question- I do not mind a bit giving 3 passengers a ride, I would actually love too. But by helping the slug riders, would I be upsetting the slug drivers? Ive been wondering and looking for an answer to this but to no avail. Thanks for any comments, I just wanna help is all.
mpatoka View Drop Down
Junior Slug
Junior Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mpatoka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2009 at 10:11am
I don't know how the RV lot supply and demand is, but normally if there is a line of cars waiting and there a very few slugs in line, you take just the minimum so you don't "steal" one away from the cars behind you that may have been waiting. Nothing like sitting in line for 15-20 minutes when there's a slug shortage and the car in front decides to fill up with extras and you're stuck waiting when you could've been on your way.

If it looks like there is a decent supply of slugs waiting then it's your call. When I drive and slug lines are very short I'll gauge the number I take by how many cars are behind me waiting.
Jeremiah_Mac View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeremiah_Mac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2009 at 11:12am
Im at the Rolling Valley lot so there always seems to be plenty of slugs, I just didnt know if it would make people mad. They would probably only wait like an extra 30 seconds (I experianced this happen in front of me and thats how long it delayed me.)
Flyby View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flyby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2009 at 8:43pm
I'm a driver so I'm biased - take two if there are cars behind you, take three if you so desire if the line is long. I personally don't have a problem taking three home in the PM but not in the AM going into the city. I've had two real close calls when a rider got out on the traffic side of the car without checking and almost took my door off.

Flyby
Jeremiah_Mac View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeremiah_Mac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2009 at 1:24pm
Oh good call on the door thing. I wouldnt have thought about getting out the drivers sides cause I drive a two door cobalt
getmehome pweeze View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote getmehome pweeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2009 at 2:34pm
Hubby and I both slug in the AM, so we tend to try to get in the same car together. Sometimes that creates the "can you take a third"- we do it for safety, not to piss folks off. :)

This is a shared system folks. Most of us were raised with manners, it's time to start using them.

XOXO- sluggin' girl
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic