Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Why Slugging Is Ruining Driving

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theSUVman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Why Slugging Is Ruining Driving
    Posted: 12 Jun 2009 at 1:26pm
This concept is entirely wrong. Close a lane off to the majority of people that pay for the highway, so we can take two or three extra cars off of the road per every other car that just gets stuck in traffic now?

What about all of the cars that are now clogged up on the highway, polluting the hell out of the air? Just get rid of the HOV lane and traffic could move, cars could reach their destination quickly then be turned off.

Slugging is such a waste of people's time and resources. In addition, its just people who have figured out how to abuse the system.

My SUV gets 13 MPG and sometimes it gets even less, but I sure do enjoy the nice comfy ride.
getmehome pweeze View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote getmehome pweeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2009 at 2:28pm
You are obviously trying to get a rise out of the slugging community. My husband and I rely on our incomes to take care of ourselves and our family- if we couldnt slug PT, we'd have a hard time affording to commute to and from DC. You need to get off your "high-SUV" and realize slugging is the ONLY way for some of us to get by.

You dont like those two lanes, and all the folks riding on it zooming past you- get a hybrid, or pick up two riders in your gas-guzzling comfy suv.

This is a shared system folks. Most of us were raised with manners, it's time to start using them.

XOXO- sluggin' girl
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic