Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New here...just a Question (RECOVERED)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New here...just a Question (RECOVERED)
    Posted: 04 Mar 2003 at 6:02am
Hi, I commute from the Potomac Mills lot to Rosslyn each morning. Some days I drive, some I slug in depending on the lines. I have a slug to report in regards to damage he did to my van in December. I didn't know about this site at the time, so I'd been spreading the word by mouth to basically anyone who'd listen or look when I'd point him out. What I'd like to know is where can I post a good description of him on here to warm other carpoolers of this individual?

Your help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

mirangus
Average Member

48 Posts
Posted - 26 Feb 2003 : 14:02:55
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Post it right here, this is the perfect place. And you HAVE to do do it soon, the suspense is killing me!! Ha-ha!!

Arbo
Advanced Member

103 Posts
Posted - 27 Feb 2003 : 09:05:58
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What did he do?

eraya
Starting Member

3 Posts
Posted - 27 Feb 2003 : 09:30:56

I unfortunately don't keep all his info on me at all times, but I will bring it tomorrow and repost his description.

He is a white male, (at least) 6 feet tall, approximately 60-62 years old, balding wears a tan/beige overcoat and a kango cap, carries a dark colored briefcase and drives a dark green Ford Taurus (Virginia plates), lives in Lakeridge I believe and works at the State Dept. He is very rude, and will walk past your car (even if it's where he needs to go) if you don't already have a slug.

That is all I can remember at this point without having the information in front of me, but here is what happened:

Okay so I picked up a few slugs Monday night (Dec. 2, 2002) to get on HOV to go home right? Well, I get to Potomac Mills and pull into the parking lot where you drop off (right next to that line of trees where the DC folks stand) this guy (who was in the front seat) just opens the door before I even stop. I go about 3 more feet to get out of the way of the other cars pulling in and he hops out, making my door (that’s still already open) swing all the way open and ends up breaking the hinge and denting the front quarterpanel. I tried stopping him, as did the other individual in the car, but he ignored me and I couldn’t catch up with him because I was already late picking my girls up from the daycare, so I had to leave. I called the police and they couldn't do anything because the guy had fled the scene and he didn't hit my car with his, it'd have to be a small claims issue. Well ... 3 weeks to the exact day (Dec 23rd) I saw him again. He walked passed my car because I didn't have anyone else in it, but apparently the person behind him was going to Potocmac Mills too. This guy came back down the line of cars and finally hopped in - in the back this time. I locked the doors, text-messaged my husband and told him to meet me at the commuter lot with the police. He did and when we confronted this man about what he had done - and I was certain it was him, it's a face you cannot forget! - he denied ever seeing me before. The other rider that day had vouched for his actions, stating he's done this to others in the past. The police arrived, got all the information we needed: social security number, street address, work location etc. and were instructed to take him to small claims court. The police asked "if he did this to your car, why would you let him back in" HELLO - I needed you all to come out here and handle this and get me the information needed!

So that's what happened. My insurance company is now going after him for the damages.

gg
Senior Member Member

55 Posts
Posted - 27 Feb 2003 : 14:44:57

Interesting story and this guy sounds like a jerk that could leave a bad impression on the slugging system but I have a few questions.

When you said you tried to stop him, was he headed for his car or was he already in his car making a get away and so you couldn't identify his tags?

If he was headed for his car, why didn't you get his license number and report him to the police as soon as possible?

How difficult was it to get the police to arrive at the commuter lot when they already told you they couldn't do anything because he fled the scene and it was a small claims issue?

Was it the "resident" police at Potomac Mills, you know, the cop that has his car parked right in front of the mall?

gg

Edited by - gg on 27 Feb 2003 14:46:05

Admin
Forum Admin

148 Posts
Posted - 27 Feb 2003 : 21:31:42

Eraya,
Thanks for posting the information and good luck taking this guy to small claims. Hopefully, the other person riding in the car with you will read this message and help you in court. Are you in contact with the other passenger? If not, let me know, maybe I can help. Slugging is a self-governed activity so it's up to "us" to help keep things running smoothly.

eraya
Starting Member

3 Posts
Posted - 28 Feb 2003 : 09:11:58

In regards to the questions you had:

1/2 - He was walking back to his car when I yelled to him to stop, I started to go towards him faster than a walk, slower than a run, and he jolted to his car. At that point (since I was already 30 minutes late getting my girls) I did get his license number and the make and model of his car and the PWC police said that there was nothing they could do other than take my complaint because it was not a physical car on car accident.

3/4 - It wasn't difficult getting the police to the lot the second time this man was in my car. They were more than happy to send someone out. Although he did get lost and was over at the gas station next to McDonalds. It was the PWC police not the mall security - you can never rely on those guys for anything.

The other passenger (the day of the incident) I do not have his information. He is a white male, mid thirties, tall and stocky, brown hair, very polite and commutes to/from Rosslyn/Potomac Mills Mall.

Thanks for all your help and concern!

dkerley View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dkerley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2003 at 1:46pm
If he was in my car and opened his door like that, I would have slammed on the brakes. I bet his seat belt was off when he had your door open -- I would have laughed at him as he fell out of my car!

You know, I have been driving for four years now and I have noticed that there are a lot of slugs that have no consideration of your vehicle. I have had slugs whip off their seatbelts and bang it against the window or shut the whole doggone thing in the door so its hanging out or they slam your door getting out so the whole car shakes.

I mean come on, have some respect for the cars you are riding in.

I hope you win your case. Good luck!

Dina
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic