Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Is it legal to slug out of DC??? (Recovered)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Is it legal to slug out of DC??? (Recovered)
    Posted: 04 Mar 2003 at 6:04am
(Recovered from corrupt database - Admin)

I was standing at the new line at 14th and G on Monday when someone in line with me told me that they remembered when it was illegal to slug out of DC. Or at least in The Mall area on 14th street. Yesterday as I was getting into a car, a cop on a bike approached people waiting for 610 rides and I couldnt tell what he was saying to them, but they didnt look very pleased. I automatically assumed that it was okay since it was published all over the web site. I figured that the people in charge would have said something if not. Does anyone know for sure? I mean, I dont want to go to jail trying to get home.

Admin
Forum Admin

148 Posts
Posted - 28 Feb 2003 : 22:41:18
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tondalea,
Yes it is legal to slug out of DC. About 2 years ago signs were changed along 14th Street from "no parking" to "no stopping" which generated a lot of concern for slugs but after some discussion, DC gave into the slugging community. Basically they said cars could stop to pick up passengers. Now, that doesn't mean every new policeman on the force or new to the city understands that, but I'm sure they figure it out.

Admin
Forum Admin

148 Posts
Posted - 28 Feb 2003 : 22:43:16
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Come to think of it, maybe it was 3-4 years ago... time flies.

tondalea
Average Member

42 Posts
Posted - 03 Mar 2003 : 09:36:16

Thanks!!

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic