Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > Morning Slug Lines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Potomac Mills Parking?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snlfam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Potomac Mills Parking?
    Posted: 01 Oct 2009 at 11:27am
Are there any "authorized" or appropriate backup parking spaces for Potomac Mills slug riders?

I get there at a little after 8:00 am and there are plenty of drivers but the designated parking lot is full. I have been parking across the road in some shopping center that has RED marked parking spaces, but those are usually full as well. I have been using the normal parking spaces in that second lot (since the Mall parking appears patrolled) but I am pretty sure that I am risking ticketing or towing being in those spaces. I have only been slugging for less than 1 month now, so this question may be answered somewhere else, but I have not been able to find what I have been looking for.

Alternatively, is there a better lot for slug rider parking that late in the morning for people going to 14th & NY?
Checkers View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Checkers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2009 at 11:57am
I recommend slugging from the Old Hechinger lot after 8:00 am -- plenty of rides for both the 18th Street and 14th Street corridors.
Checkers View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Checkers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2009 at 11:58am
P.S[^]. And plenty of parking spots
snlfam View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snlfam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2009 at 11:36am
Thanks for the info. The web site says the Old Hechinger lot fills by 8:00, but I am willing to give it a try. Anyone know how the return line is from 14th and NY to Old Hechinger after 5:00?

Any other suggestions?
DrChen View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrChen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2009 at 12:14am
I've parked near that bank, but not in the bank parking lot. How often do the parking lot fill all up? I've parked in the area where the other 2 lines pick up from (not Pentagon, and not sure what lines those are)
nice-one View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nice-one Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2009 at 7:55pm
DrChen be care parking at that bank. Potomac Mills security issues a written warning first then the tow next. I have personally seen them catch people parking there and make the owners go back and get the cars. We are getting the overflow from 234 and from this site it should clear up by November. But if the red spots are filled park directly behind in that small section. Thus far , management in that lot has been very courteous. I was advise that was the initial commuter lot as well. Do not park near the Woodbridge Medical Center or by the stores. Not too many people frequent that section because of the walk but it makes for good exercise in the morning. Mondays and Fridays are the best days to park at Potomac Mills after 7:30....do not even bother going there Tues-Thur.
Late rider View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Late rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2009 at 11:41am
quote:
Originally posted by nice-one

DrChen be care parking at that bank. Potomac Mills security issues a written warning first then the tow next. I have personally seen them catch people parking there and make the owners go back and get the cars. We are getting the overflow from 234 and from this site it should clear up by November. But if the red spots are filled park directly behind in that small section. Thus far , management in that lot has been very courteous. I was advise that was the initial commuter lot as well. Do not park near the Woodbridge Medical Center or by the stores. Not too many people frequent that section because of the walk but it makes for good exercise in the morning. Mondays and Fridays are the best days to park at Potomac Mills after 7:30....do not even bother going there Tues-Thur.

The overflow parking lot is now also patrolled by securities. Be careful where you park because they are watching just like Potomac Mills faux-cop too.[^]
mtvernon63 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mtvernon63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2009 at 8:47am
See my post just above "Potomoc Mills Parking" called "Potomoc Mills and 19th & I"; I too am an after 8 a.m. driver/rider that is suggesting a lot to the west of the theaters sandwiched between the service road that goes behind and SmokeTown Rd. Does anyone know if that lot is OK for commuters?
DrChen View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrChen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2009 at 11:55am
I meant that area across from McDonalds, not really at the bank, but near where the other 2 lines line up...
nice-one View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nice-one Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2009 at 12:56pm
See my post just above "Potomoc Mills Parking" called "Potomoc Mills and 19th & I"; I too am an after 8 a.m. driver/rider that is suggesting a lot to the west of the theaters sandwiched between the service road that goes behind and SmokeTown Rd. Does anyone know if that lot is OK for commuters?

I have not seen anyone park and walk from there before. I thought that was patrolled as well by PM security. That is really a walk.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic