Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Archived Slugging Topics > Hybrids
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedCompromise: Hybrids = HOV-2

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pele Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2009 at 5:10am
BTW. I realized not only is my Diesel truck emissions exempt, but my track car is also going to be emissions exempt at the end of the year... It's from 1985.

It's also got straight pipes for the exhaust, no catalytic converter or mufflers, I've removed all the emissions controls from the engine, and it shoots flames from the tailpipe.

I suppose if I get tags for it, it should be allowed in the HOV lanes, you know... Since it's emissions exempt.
TWO View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TWO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2010 at 12:35am
quote:
Originally posted by NoSUV
Want a transportation solution? Eliminate the carpool exemption in the express lanes. Keep the hybrid exemption. Make slugs choose to either:
- support funding for transportation improvements by taking mass transit
- purchase a hybrid to improve the environment as well as lower the dependence of the nation on foreign oil
- suffer in the regular lanes.

It's a solution we all can live (better) with.

Those are some of the most stupid statements I've read on this site! Sure, eliminate carpools? Only let the two extremes in the express lanes: buses (large capacity) and cars with ONE person in it (minimally utilized). Let's all commute by ourselves in hybrids- now we're talking efficient and saving the environment!

And the other statement - we all buy hybrids to use the HOV lanes? That's already happened and all we see is average speeds decreasing.

NoSUV - I think you got some of your facts incorrect about the history of the HOV lanes. Where is the source of your information? Not that it really matters, but our lawmakers seem to re-interpret the laws and make changes that help their agenda. At this time, they have an agenda to promote "green" vehicles, which weren't a realistic option for the general public 25 years ago. Now they are. Over time and generations, the focus changes - it's even happened to our constitution. At one time the "express lanes" were used for mass transit and carpools. We know the "clean fuel" cars have been around for a while, and have been allowed in the HOV lanes for some time now. Then limited capacity, first generation hybrids come along (ex. Honda Insight). They get a waiver, yes a waiver for the "CF" tags (because the requirement for the CF tags is non-petroleum fueled cars) and therefore get into the express lanes.

I think I remember the "diamond" lanes were also for taxis (or did that only apply to DC?).

I don't know why you are so for "hybrids", and talk about reducing our dependency on foreign oil. Why not stand behind what you say, and use a non-petroleum fueled car, like LPG? Natural gas? Bio-diesel? They're out there and pollute LESS than you're gasoline burning hybrid? Why not pickup more people in your hybrid? I guess you don't care THAT MUCH about the environment, only a little.
Pele View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pele Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2010 at 10:27am
quote:
Originally posted by TWO

quote:
Want a transportation solution? Eliminate the carpool exemption in the express lanes. Keep the hybrid exemption. Make slugs choose to either:
- purchase a hybrid to improve the environment as well as lower the dependence of the nation on foreign oil

Those are some of the most stupid statements I've read on this site! Sure, eliminate carpools? Only let the two extremes in the express lanes: buses (large capacity) and cars with ONE person in it (minimally utilized). Let's all commute by ourselves in hybrids- now we're talking efficient and saving the environment!

And the other statement - we all buy hybrids to use the HOV lanes? That's already happened and all we see is average speeds decreasing.

NoSUV - I think you got some of your facts incorrect about the history of the HOV lanes. Where is the source of your information? Not that it really matters, but our lawmakers seem to re-interpret the laws and make changes that help their agenda. At this time, they have an agenda to promote "green" vehicles, which weren't a realistic option for the general public 25 years ago. Now they are. Over time and generations, the focus changes - it's even happened to our constitution. At one time the "express lanes" were used for mass transit and carpools. We know the "clean fuel" cars have been around for a while, and have been allowed in the HOV lanes for some time now. Then limited capacity, first generation hybrids come along (ex. Honda Insight). They get a waiver, yes a waiver for the "CF" tags (because the requirement for the CF tags is non-petroleum fueled cars) and therefore get into the express lanes.

I think I remember the "diamond" lanes were also for taxis (or did that only apply to DC?).

I don't know why you are so for "hybrids", and talk about reducing our dependency on foreign oil. Why not stand behind what you say, and use a non-petroleum fueled car, like LPG? Natural gas? Bio-diesel? They're out there and pollute LESS than you're gasoline burning hybrid? Why not pickup more people in your hybrid? I guess you don't care THAT MUCH about the environment, only a little.

I can tell you the source of his info. It's part of the body that rhymes with "wrecked them" if you say it fast enough.

-------------------------
Times to beat:
Horner Rd to/from Pentagon: 12 mins Without Slugs - 17 mins With slugs
Dale City exit to/from 3rd St Tunnel, D.C. 18 mins (No slugs - Holiday)
NoSUV View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoSUV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2010 at 11:48am
quote:
Originally posted by TWO

quote:

The site has been published several times. Go to the general topic thread and look at the post that describes the history.

Only in DC would people advocate HOV-3 over HOV-30
SlugsB1tch2Much View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SlugsB1tch2Much Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2010 at 3:57pm
<3 my hybrid, hate GMHP [:D]
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic