Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

AT YOUR OWN RISK...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trinity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AT YOUR OWN RISK...
    Posted: 09 Nov 2009 at 8:07pm
We all take risks commuting as sluggers, but in the 20 years of slugging, there have been very few times when I literally feared that I may not make it safely to my family. At 14th & New York around 5:15pm today, I accepted a ride from a white woman driving a Saturn (grey/tan) with hideous leopard seat covers front and back and chimes in the front and back. Yes, CHIMES! While I should have quickly made a decision to bailed when she accelerated up to 50 miles in a half block radius around 2 PRTC buses, we were moving too fast and was quickly on HOV. She preceded to floor the pedal swerving not darting in/out of "RUSH HOUR" traffic and riding other drivers bumpers in heavy traffic all the way to Horner Rd. Why, I ask do some drivers ask people to trust them by getting in their cars and act as though they want to commit suicide. At one point, I couldn't contain my silent and I ask did she want to kill someone, and I quote "people should get out of my way" was her response. What box have she been living in. I wanted to laugh, maybe it was because I was getting edgy, so I responded with "I hope you don't kill anyone". Fellow Sluggers, I appreciate when others have informed me of reckless and disrespectful drivers. To say the least, the young lady riding in the back seat was in worst shape then I. We consoled each other before advancing to our vehicles. Thank you fellow slugger. Please look out for this made woman.
blacksky View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blacksky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2009 at 8:54pm
quote:
Originally posted by trinity

We all take risks commuting as sluggers, but in the 20 years of slugging, there have been very few times when I literally feared that I may not make it safely to my family. At 14th & New York around 5:15pm today, I accepted a ride from a white woman driving a Saturn (grey/tan) with hideous leopard seat covers front and back and chimes in the front and back. Yes, CHIMES! While I should have quickly made a decision to bailed when she accelerated up to 50 miles in a half block radius around 2 PRTC buses, we were moving too fast and was quickly on HOV. She preceded to floor the pedal swerving not darting in/out of "RUSH HOUR" traffic and riding other drivers bumpers in heavy traffic all the way to Horner Rd. Why, I ask do some drivers ask people to trust them by getting in their cars and act as though they want to commit suicide. At one point, I couldn't contain my silent and I ask did she want to kill someone, and I quote "people should get out of my way" was her response. What box have she been living in. I wanted to laugh, maybe it was because I was getting edgy, so I responded with "I hope you don't kill anyone". Fellow Sluggers, I appreciate when others have informed me of reckless and disrespectful drivers. To say the least, the young lady riding in the back seat was in worst shape then I. We consoled each other before advancing to our vehicles. Thank you fellow slugger. Please look out for this made woman.

Tag number?
skrapco View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skrapco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2009 at 8:33am
I would play it safe and avoid all vehicles with leopard-print seat covers...probably a good policy.

Brian Parks
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic