Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What has happened to morning commute?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MDC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2003 at 11:07pm
Don't forget the HOV-1 people taking advantage of their special exemption. I am certain that 90% of the cars with temporary tags in the HOV lanes I see do not have 3 passengers. I wonder what a study would find? Maybe 20% of the cars in HOV are "CF" vehicles now. Sometimes it seems that half of the cars I encounter on my trip are these.
swichowski View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swichowski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2003 at 7:37am
Also the police, fire, FBI, CIA and others using their badge to get a free ride on HOV to get to work. I see more of them every day.
swichowski View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swichowski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2003 at 11:29am
test
tondalea View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tondalea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2003 at 1:54pm
Mirangus,

Thanks for the heads up. You dont know how many times I've actually thought about it.
MDC View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MDC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2003 at 7:11pm
jstancil,
Quoted from the official source. http://www.virginiadot.org/comtravel/hov-rulesfaq.asp

====
Emergency vehicles (fire, ambulance, rescue), law enforcement vehicles, public utility vehicles are permitted when responding to emergency calls.
====

Driving to/from work is not an emergency call.

On that page, they also suggest that extending the CF exemption another two years is almost certain since the bill is only waiting Gov. Warner's signature.
Barbara View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barbara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2003 at 11:17am
Some days, few drivers between 545 p.m. and 600 p.m. at the Pentagon for 610 lot. The closer it gets to 600 p.m., the worse the traffic in the HOV lane gets. It would be great for those of us who have to work until 5:30 for the HOV hours to be extended to 6:30 p.m. but not ever any talk of that...
mirangus View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mirangus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2003 at 4:51pm
Barbara-There was actually some talk about it about 9 minths ago, but the notion was shot down as being ineffective because it would do more harm than good for wverall traffic. Whatever THAT means. [:)]
USA View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote USA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2003 at 2:32pm
The 14th Street Bridge has been consistently horrible lately in both the local and express lanes. The local lanes should have improved with the extension of the loop-around on-ramp from the SB GW Parkway, but VDOT did an overall crappy job of paving the road. I truly do not understand why everyone feels the need to slow to a snail's pace just to cross a stupid bridge.
godsvdu View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote godsvdu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2003 at 9:12am
What happened to all the people going to Crystal City in the morning at the Potomac Mills lot?????

SOUBI
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic