Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rt 234 Lot expansion

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sheepish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rt 234 Lot expansion
    Posted: 23 Nov 2009 at 1:15pm
Does anyone out there have information on changes to the traffic flow/stack lanes now that the new lot has opened up?

I was away on business all last week and drove through the lot Sunday to check on progress during the daylight- and I am sure glad I did to prepare for this morning. What evidently hasn't changed (as of this morning) was the stack lane. I am very uncomfortable creeping up to get riders that are standing in a line behind parked cars, walking along the cars to get in line or head for the bus area. I know it was that way before the construction started (especially when the lines were long), but there wasn't the 2-way traffic flow as there was this morning. Not sure if anyone was there directing traffic after the 6 a.m. hour.

My recommendation to any that read this and utilize the lot, is until further direction or guidance is provided, when entering from 234, continue straight-- go down a parking row or 2, and drive to a parking area to park, or head towards the stack lane to pick up riders.

For now, if we can eliminate the 2-way traffic flow in the stack lane area, it would be a little safer for all.

Apparently in an email from Jeff Frederick, the ribbon cutting ceremony is tomorrow. It's a shame that there is the possibility someone will be in an accident before the work is totally finished. I would think promoting the safety of all commuters using that lot should be of more concern at this point than a ceremony - especially a ceremony that should have happened several years ago...

(Sorry about that last off-topic remark.)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic