Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > Afternoon Slug Lines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rosslyn

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LexyDiamond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rosslyn
    Posted: 19 Mar 2003 at 12:15pm
I will be starting a new position in Rosslyn and I am trying to determine how easy it will be for me to get a ride home. I will be working at the Rosslyn Spectrum. Will it be hard for me to get home every day? What time will I have to leave to make sure that I get home?
mycroftt View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mycroftt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2003 at 12:30pm
Rosslyn has a pretty active line (actually 2 lines). I never have any problem getting an early ride to 610. Where is your destination and what time will you be getting out of work?
funtravel View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote funtravel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2003 at 2:38pm
From Rolling Valley, there are cars and slugs in the morning going to Rosslyn. Are there any in the afternoon going from Rosslyn to Rolling Valley or Bob's? Thanks. [:)]
n/a View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n/a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2003 at 11:17am
The Rosslyn PM lines go to Tacketts Mill/Horner Rd. and points south of that. I have posted requests for slug drivers and riders to organize between Springfield and Rosslyn. Any interest? There have been discussions about Springfield lines at the Mall, possible destination to include Rosslyn. There is no lack of AM riders going to Rosslyn from Springfield. But the PM return is tricky. I have heard of Rslyn PM riders who metro to the Pentagon for a slug or bus ride to Spgfld. If we could put up a "Springfield" sign at the Rslyn slugline I'm sure people would assemble, myself included.
n/a View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n/a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2003 at 11:37am
As of today there are 120 reads of this message, there's lots of interest. It seems people want to know what is going on with this but have no suggestions, so here's one: One big issue is the PM return from Rosslyn to Springfield. Lots of people go there in the AM, but no one comes from there in the PM.

Spgfld to Rslyn AM riders can be found along Old Keene Mill Rd. at Rolling Valley, Daventry, Texaco and on FFxCoPkwy at the Sydenstricker Commuter Lot. Can we establish an AM drop-off point in Rslyn (near the Metro station)? Also can we set a PM pick-up point in Rslyn with these Spgfld return destinations (how about at the existing lines)? Hand held printed signs will help riders and drivers hook-up. Any volunteers?
funtravel View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote funtravel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2003 at 12:48pm
I'll attempt to slug to Rosslyn in the AM on Tuesday and back in the PM from Rolling Valley.

It would be great if we could get this going.

Thanks!
LexyDiamond View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LexyDiamond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2003 at 4:50pm
Is carpooling not an option? Is there a way to say well if these 4 people want a ride between Rosslyn and Springfield then maybe we can just all agree to carpool or something...I guess depending on the times we need to be at work and at home. I will know more when I actually get transfered but I am looking for a way to slug home from Rosslyn.

funtravel View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote funtravel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2003 at 10:31am
Carpooling is an option, however, I come and go at different times many days. I just figured since there are many people that take slugs to Rosslyn in the AM that there would be enough for PM slugs.
jtimmons View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jtimmons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2003 at 1:59pm
quote:
Originally posted by mycroftt
[br]Rosslyn has a pretty active line (actually 2 lines). I never have any problem getting an early ride to 610. Where is your destination and what time will you be getting out of work?

I live in Stafford (between 610 and 630) and would be looking to drive or ride. I will be working out of Rosslyn for the next several months but I'm not really familiar with the area. Where is the slug line in Rosslyn? Thanks --jat
digithead View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote digithead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2003 at 6:24pm
Hi all,

Just started a job in Rosslyn and am bummed to find no slugs lines in PM going to Springfield. It sure seems from this thread that I'm not the only one. How would we go about setting one up?

I found the sluglines going to Thackett's Mill, etc, and there were nice metal signs that said CommuterPage.com (I found this site from there). Surely they must have had someone's permission to do that... Do you suppose that they can set this up?

-=Digithead=-
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic