Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The horror stories?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slugguru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2010 at 2:47pm
Sometime last year me and another slug caught a ride home from L'ENFANT to Horner. A gentleman was driving and kept falling asleep on the road. We were headed straight for the guardrails! I was up front(PRAYING), the lady in the back seat was hysterical. She kept asking him to pull over and she would be more than happy to drive. He insisted he was okay, but kept falling asleep, again we were headed for guardrails, she screamed again asking him to pull over....he insisted he was ok! This was the scariest ride ever......If it wasn't for the woman in the backseat screaming, we WOULD have been in an ACCIDENT. I remember he was listening to a book on tape! The guy was very calm...When we finally reached Horner, he said he would drive us to our cars! We said NO THANKS and hopped out!!!!......
getmehome pweeze View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote getmehome pweeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2010 at 3:21pm
Year ago my husband and I climbed into a mustang convertible, with me in the back behind the driver. I drifted in and out of nap state, to be jerked awake by the car swerving, hard. Apparently the driver decided to switch lanes without looking, or she was nodding off-cant remember.. my husband thankfully was watching- he grabbed the steering wheel and yanked it out of the ladies hand- she was just about to smash into a car directly next to us.. I was wide awake for the rest of the trip. The driver was embarrassed, my husband had to apologize for elbowing her to yank the wheel.

This is a shared system folks. Most of us were raised with manners, it's time to start using them.

XOXO- sluggin' girl
BIGNAT View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BIGNAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2010 at 2:59pm
Crazy stuff here on this topic. Well, I usually drive but now I'm riding. I usually fight sleep on the way home but I never fall asleep. Since I've been riding, I'm wide awake for the ride. Don't trust folks. As soon as I get out and get in my car, I'm sleepy as heck! LOL.

I will tell you that if someone is driving and so sleepy that we almost die. I'm getting out and or calling the police if they won't let me out. You will see me walking on 395/95 so pleae pick me up!

BigNat
MNMNT View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MNMNT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2010 at 9:52am
1. drunk driver last year, kept veering off, then slowed down to 40-45mph when he saw a cop. luckily the girl in the back was asleep; she didn't have to witness anything. i really couldn't do anything but hope for the best.

2. car broke down 2 exits away from our stop on the way back home to horner. the guy was super pissed b/c it was in the shop the week before and was going to yell at the mechanic on the phone with the way he was talking and when he finally got a hold of him all he did was make another appointment. no yelling; i would have. other rider had AAA so she called a tow truck. Still had to wait an hour for his wife and daughter to come give us a ride. Cops came not because the car was broken down but because one of us was sitting on the jersey barrier and someone called it in. thanks to the humanitarian for calling for help for the RIGHT reasons.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic